Start of a FamilyTradition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Start of a FamilyTradition

Reaction score
City, State
West Coast USA "Emerald City" area
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I bought my first 4x4 12 yrs ago, a 96 dodge, beat it up some decided to buy a beater and beat the snot out if it instead. Found a g/f that became a W. had a rug rat and then the beater went away to buy a turboed volvo. got wrapped up in the idea needed a safe vehicle for the family. W couldn't get carseat in truck too tall, too much of a gas guzzler, too much ...., sold it became a proud dad that drove a kia rio, the smallest car i could fit in.
Well a friend last week sold me a $500 buddy special 1993 X with 176000 mi, need some work ie: 4 shock since the ones had litterally rusted away and when removed compressed under own weight, new shackles holes big enough to pass a "baby ruth" thru, new ball joints, wheel alignment, ..... you get the picture.
Anyway I got another 4x that fits the family, it would have been so much easier if I would have done this the first time.
Anyway my 5y/o daughter loves my green tank and she is the only one that will ride in it with me. So I guess i'll start my family tradition with my daughter.
7y/o son wants to learn how to work on it, but that's about it. HaHaw free labor.
I'm here to learn something new, share something old, and have a good time doing it all. Hope I see you on the trail, I'll pull you out if needed, or hopefully you can pull me out when I push it too hard (happened alot like when I was younger).
I love my family and the lord.
thank you for letting me hang out with you all.

welcome

Welcome To Explorer Forum!

Back