• Register Today It's free!

Stereo not working

IanJ

Reaction score
City, State
Eau claire,Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo LX Sport 4x4
My stereo is not working. I have a '91 Navajo. My old jensen was fried so I picked one up from the junk yard.the old one had power but would not work(radio or cds). Now the same problem with this one as well. when i unplug it from the back and plug it in I can hear the cd spinner star up. But there is no display, key turned or not. however the red light behind the detachable face blinks.And it will take a cd and eject it all without sound or display. I checked the fuses under the dash. the blue 15A on the bottom left when taken out and re-inserted will also make the cd player spinner run for a moment and then stop, no display as well. I am very confused. Please, any insight would be great. :navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm having the same problem. I even changed the amp in the back. I cant get any sound everything else works

check the red power wire with a test light or a multi meter. thats the constant( or ignition wire). that will affect the display and everything. if you have power in the yellow which is the main power there may be a short in the red. i havent "checked my red wire yet but I"ve been told its a possibility.

or check the inline fuse to to the amp. and also if you have a bad ground to the amp it wont work. I had to ground my amp to the frame. you can also ground to the negative on the battery. and you can re check the wiring to the amp and subs, but if your hooking it up for the first time its either the red power wire where your remote wire for the amp should be hooked up or a ground issue.Its new years night and im wasted. Im only trying to relay my past experiences. but its got to be one of those if you have display and sound every where but the subs/

I just found out I have no power to my red ignition power wire. I have power at the yellow constant wire. Not sure whats going on. I checked the fuse panel but they all look good. I took them out and none are broke or burnt, didnt OHM em out though. Any ideas?

Back