• Register Today It's free!

Stereo Problems

DanielJ

Reaction score
City, State
Arkansas.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer V6.
Havent posted for a while. I used the search function and google but didnt find anything that was applicable to what i wanted to do or it was for older models fords without the Sub/Amp setup. I changed my stereo unit up front to one with an aux port. Problem is my sub and amp wont work now. Wired everything up as it should be but no luck. What stereo units have you guys used that arent a double din Nav system. Having a huge screen in the middle of my dash is a target where i live. People still steal the stereos here. Its strange. Either way, what simple stereo unit can i buy that will power my sub/amp with no complications. I dont need anything fancy just has to have a aux port. Id appreciate and help. Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what year and package expo do you have?

If its a factory amp and sub useally adding an aftermarket head unit will by pass the amp but most of your newer wiring kits come with the amp connection. If not than you need to find your remote line (signal wire) that runs from the head unit to the amp and reconnect it to the power feed to the radio. On your wireing kit its the soild blue wire or blue with white strip.

If you have the remote line on the wiring kit run a wire from it to the power end of the amp it should work from there

i have the 2005 eddie beauer edition. And awesome! Ill find one that has that wire harness kit already there and hopefully it will work!

Back