• Register Today It's free!

still need help

jordan101

Reaction score
City, State
versailles,mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt
well before my explorer was running rough and pulling codes p0171 p0174 and p0153. well took to mechanic and he said i just needed a tune up. I got the plugs/wires and fuel filter bc it was clogged and my explorer ran 1000 times better. But i still have p0153 and p0174 trouble codes pending. My mechanic did say i do have an exhaust leak. What do you guys think is wrong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search with the code numbers... Tons of threads to give you starting points.

On a different thread with these same concerns you asked about difficulty of replacing intake gaskets. Did you replace them or have them replaced? You can save yourself and the volunteers that help time by staying with your original thread.

I dont want to stay with the original bc its not running rough anymore its idling just fine but just wondering if a exhaust leak can cause a p0174 bank 2 lean code causing my 02 sensor to read faulty

Help us help you. You gave no indication that you have searched this site, nor have you answered questions asked of you. I don't enjoy coming across as a ass of sorts, but it is difficult to help someone who doesn't seem to want to put time into their own problem.

I think what rego is trying to convey is that it's easier if it's in the same thread. That way, people can read what the issue was, what was fixed, and what did or didn't occur afterwards. This way, anyone reading this doesn't know what was in the other thread, and might start suggesting things you already did.

A lot more detailed info about what the mechanic did, said, or mentioned would be really helpful as we weren't there in the room when he may have said something, no matter how minor it may have sounded.

:)

Oh I thought I was pretty clear. To me the info in this site is much more valuable than all my tools combined. Actually it should be seen as a tool. I do enjoy helping and I have some thoughts ready to post, but rather than taking potshots I like a more clear picture. Oh and Jordan you can go ahead and call me a tool if you want. I really don't mean to cause ill will, I just want to git-r-done.

ok ya i got you i guess ill go back to the original

Back