• Register Today It's free!

Stock Bumpers with Foglights

Draconis06

Reaction score
City, State
Poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
I have noticed a few stock bumpers with a valance that has fog lights. Is this stock on certian models or was it bought from somewhere? The most recent I saw was on an EB 91-94. However I had to replace some of my front end and pulled everything off an EB edition and there was no fog light valance. Please help. I really like the look of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fog lights were an option on some 1st gens. Not sure what years though. I think it was on EB & limited models.
The switch is under the rear wiper & defrost switches where it looks like there should be another switch. The valance you can get on Ebay, I've seen a few.

Yeah I saw the switch area for it. I looked on Ebay but they only have for 95-98 w/valance and they are square lights and not the circle ones I want.

you could always get foglights and modify the valance you have with a dremel or the like? That's what I'll be doing when I get my 2nd set

Oh I have 93 xlt and there is no valance just a little mud guard or whatever the little plastic piece under the bumber is. I saw a valance like on the newer X's but it was on a 91-94 and went under the bumper to replace the strip of plastic. Also it had round fog lights instead of square ones.

I found out what I was looking for this whole time. The valance actually is off a Ford Ranger with some aftermarket foglights.

I found out what I was looking for this whole time. The valance actually is off a Ford Ranger with some aftermarket foglights.

That's right, anything for the front end of an 88-92 Ranger can be used for our 1st gens.

Yeah I already knew that but this valance is from a 93-97 Ranger. Just need to hook up some brackets for the fog lights. The valance is a nice fit though. I like how interchangeable things are for the Explorers.

Hi i have a '93 EB and have fog lights built into the bottom valance. I thought they were factory but upon further investigatings look as they were added after it was new. I have a factory looking fog light switch but it is mounted under the ash tray. My front bumper looks as if the cuts were made with a dremel def not factory looking. They were working and now they are not which has me a little agrivated and i also cannot find a fuse for them.

I was at the JYs all day today and saw at least over 10 EBs and not 1 of them had fog lights.

dscn0863fh9.jpg

Yeah thats exactly what my bumper looks like cuz i pulled it of an EB at the salvage yard but the holes weren't cut out for foglights. I pulled that plastic piece off anyway and am going to replace it with a valance off of a Ford Ranger. I know the stock bumper has holes for placing foglights but it would place them in front of that plastic piece so yeah yours definitely aren't stock. Start at the wiring that comes out of your fog lights and work your way back to the firewall and check behinf=d where the switch is because the fuse is in the line if there is one or a wire just came loose or is shorting out.

93/94 ltd's came with the valance and fog lights.

Back