• Register Today It's free!

stock fog light switch?

raynr

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 sport
Okay, I just purchased a 1993 Ford Explorer Limited. Now, I've owned an Explorer in the past and it did not have fog lights. Now that I bought this nice vehicle with the fog lights I cannot figure out how to turn the things on. How do I turn em on? I know this may sound pretty dumb but I can't find it in the Owner's Manual and the dealer didn't know how to turn them on either. Please help me with this dumb question. Thanks, JOhn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, that was pretty retarted of me to ask that question. I know where the switch is, its just that the lights do not go on. I have no clue what the problem could be. I think that the lights are Hellas but I do not know. Any ideas of what the problem could possibly be? Because I want to figure this out before having to bring it back to the dealer and have them see what is wrong. Oh yeah, sorry about the retarted question
Thanks, JOhn

well, lights are a pretty simple test.... bust out the testlight and start testing......

Remember when wired " properly " fog lights will only work when your headlights are on and on low beam only.

Originally posted by MONMIX
Remember when wired " properly " fog lights will only work when your headlights are on and on low beam only.

That is also the only "legal" way they operate in Va.

BTW: Welcome aboard!!! You are another example of my theory that New Bern, NC breeds Explorer owners.

Robb

i tried the low beams stuff and it still didnt work, its kind of late now so im gonna check out all the wires and stuff tomorrow. thanks morrisey0, yeah theres a ton of explorers around here and quite a few modified ones too.

A weird thought:

I thought "Limited" Explorers first came out in 1994. Are you sure someone didn't "modify" a 93 Edddie Bauer to make it appear as a limited model? The lights would not work in that case, as the wiring is different for Limited's.?????

If you just bought the vehicle, you should check the build date on the door frame, and if it is early 1993, then something is fishy.......:(

If you want to check the fuse, it's #15 in the power distribution panel located on the passenger side of the engine compartment. Mine's 20 amp.

Crankcase, mine is also a '93 limited.

limiteds editions started in 93

Originally posted by Bashman
Crankcase, mine is also a '93 limited.

Originally posted by EliteConcept
limiteds editions started in 93

Then both of you must have vehicles built VERY late 1993, as it was officially started for '94.

I have seen that type of thing in late 94's with 1995 second generation interior parts in them......:)

Not to sound smart, did you check the bulbs?
If the bulbs are good after checking fuse double check the ground.

Back