Stock lighting w/ a twist | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock lighting w/ a twist

Got an idea, but, I wanna know how to do it. First of all, I would like to be able to turn on my brights and have my brights and lows on at the same time. (I think they sell kits for that if anyone knows of a cheap one). Also, for those engeneers out there this should be a good challange. Have a 2000 XLT with fog lights. I like them for their intended purpose. However, they are bright and aimed quite nicely (for night time wheeling) I would like to add a switch. While in the off position (the new switch) the fog lights work like normal. (bright lights on and fog lights turn off automaticly) For wheeling, I would like to be able to turn the new aftermarket switch on, and the fog lights come on even though the brights on (a function I can shut off while on road) I like the stock fog lights. They are pretty good and would make nice off road lights (to see a lil. to the side and what is right in front of me (pot holes, ruts ect) while still being able to see ahead. I would like to add off road lights later, but for now I would like to work with what I got. ¿Can anyone help? Any engeneer up to the challange? I realize I might have to add some resistors and other small circuitry (no problem) just tell me how someone please if you can.

Re: You got some kewl pics hookie

Originally posted by Nicaraguense
I wish I had mud tires. Shoot I wish I just had new tires instead of these bald 29" good years.

Why thank ya sir! Yeah, i definately feel your pain in having bad years... i had wrangler rt/s's and hated them! I couldn't get anywhere

Heck, i can get through 15" of mud in 2wd with these Revos...

but anyway back to the light mod... do it, you'll like it! I promise. heck, i can make you the jumper if you don't want to cut a spade off of your relay

that just gave me a great idea- i can run with no tails and fogs... they'll never catch me

Robb, I stand corrected.

Thanks Hookie

I'm gonna make the jumper myself but thank you though. I don't have time for anything. I have to study for mid-terms. Do a bunch of catch-up reading. I am SO behind. I just hope I graduate.

Back