Stock Stereo wont change from Radio to Tape ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock Stereo wont change from Radio to Tape !

voivod

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
hi guys,
my stock cassette player suddenly stopped switching to tape from radion when i put a tape in ....
i tried everything a total noob would do (kicking, punching, shoving pencils in, violently ejecting and reinserting various tapes) but no luck.

any help ?

P.S: dont worry, i do not own a time machine and did not come from the 80s, i actually came from the late 90s thats why im still using a tape adapter with my ipod ! (Carputer on the way though).

Time to pluck it... What happens if you reset it? Can you unplug it from behind, and the replug? (Nobody likes to do this)

i having this same problem execpt mines doesnt execpt or even read tapes.. bout according to cobraguy... nobody should ever use these again.. so i guess your SOL

Time to pluck it... What happens if you reset it? Can you unplug it from behind, and the replug? (Nobody likes to do this)

hmmmm, how do i reset it ? is there a way to reset it without having to go to the forbidden zone ?

Back