• Register Today It's free!

Stock Window Tint

ixbigybxi

Reaction score
City, State
Logan,Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
95' Ford Explorer Limited
I have a 95' ford explorer limited it has the stock bronze mirror tint on it, and I am tring to get some tint that will match that stock tint for my front windows. Has anyone been able to find a duplicate tint. Please Help, Thanks Brandon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its been discussed here on the site before and no aftermarket companies make the stock FORD bronze stuff.... there are some that have an amber or bronze shine, but there is not an exact match

I was looking to solve that same problem with my 1996 Eddie bauer, the guy at Tintcrafters told me i could do a layer of mirror tint, and a layer of a really light black tint to sort of match it. It would be twice the film, so twice the cost, but I think that it would work well.

I have seem some nasty tint jobs on some explorers. Some have like a stock mirror finish and then some with bronze, and then they still tint the front windows charcoal black. It looks rediculous.

-Drew

Ive never looked for tint at walmart, and had no idea they carried any. Matt, have you seen it at any of the walmarts here in St. louis? If so which ones?

-Drake

Most any wal-mart has it. I think it is 20% bronze tint. If I remember correctly. I don't have it, I am just going from memory.

Back