• Register Today It's free!

Window Tint

WakeBoarder

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Ridge, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Eddie Bauer
Just wondering what the price range would be to tint the front three windows too match the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it'll depend on the shop.
i'd say about 20 per window

since you have a 96, i assume you have the dreaded silver courtesy tint. its kinda hard to match exactly, but a good shop can get it very close.

I've always paid $25.00 per side window and $50.00 per rear. Just about every place I've checked, both in New Jersey and here, charges about the same.

I thought about going with the wal-mart tint but after seeing ppl with the big bubbles all over their windows i decided a pro should do it. 20's not a bad price range. I'm getting a job soon at the golf course i'll be starting all kinds of projects.

If you can get your windows done that cheap dont even consider doing them yourself. Head straight over to the shop to make an appt.

i go to this guy called nelsons window tinting in nyc, its the first exit off the GWB , somewhere near 189-191st street and broadway, its a small auto parts store. . the guy does an incredible job, and he did my whole truck for 100 bucks check out pics of my truck to see the tints they are flawless. . .

Make sure you check with your state DMV on tinting. Most have standards for the front windshield and front seats. hate to see you heavy tint only to fail inspection next year.

I'm just gonna the tint that they dealership gave me on the back. It's dark but nothing to worry about like some i have seen.

Rea windows are generally allowed to be darker or else they would make the front just as dark. FYI you can also be ticketed.

take the time a call your state DMV.

Front window tints in NJ are completely illegal.

Just simply rip the tint off before inspection and then get a new tint once you pass and you're good to go.

My tinter said it's impossible to match the factory tints without a bronzy look. He did a good job with mine but from a distance it doesn't look like it fully matches.

Originally posted by rokke17
If you can get your windows done that cheap dont even consider doing them yourself. Head straight over to the shop to make an appt.

I second this. Unless you are a professional tinter do not even waste your time putting the tint yourself. You'd be just wasting your time and your roll of tint. It isn't as easy as the instructions say.

I paid $25 per window, $50 per windshield in New York area.

Good Luck!

Back