Stock WOT Shift command point

shadowless127

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 EB AWD 5.0
What's the stock shift command point at WOT for the 3rd gen V8s? Like 3 times over the past month ive been burying the pedal trying to pass people (because Throttle by wire SUCKS) and it feels like i hit the rev limiter (because the needle is about 800-1000rpm away from redline). It backs down about 600rpms, climbs to the same point THEN shifts. it only does this if i'm at full WOT and doesn't do it all the time, and usually does it if im going from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th (cant remember off the top of my head)

I never hit redline although i have tried, it stops about 1k below or what you said if i remember right
Also you might want to check with the dealer there is suppose to be a new tune that tightens up the shift points, if you search i thought someone went to the dealer and found it. I had mine flashed as part of a recall but mine is an '04 and so was his, i think, might have been ebcornburner?? It's like $90 but it made all the difference in the world.

I never hit redline although i have tried, it stops about 1k below or what you said if i remember right
Also you might want to check with the dealer there is suppose to be a new tune that tightens up the shift points, if you search i thought someone went to the dealer and found it. I had mine flashed as part of a recall but mine is an '04 and so was his, i think, might have been ebcornburner?? It's like $90 but it made all the difference in the world.

I've NEVER touched red line, just get to about 5500-5600rpm, it throttles down and then up then shifts.

90bucks??? pfft, i'll just save that and put it towards a tune to take care of the shift points, No Passing power by wire; i mean, throttle by wire, and the normal tunings.

Back