Strange things happening in my truck. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strange things happening in my truck.

bkruglak

Reaction score
City, State
Needham, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mountaineer
I have a 2005 Mountaineer with a couple of problems. The carpeting on the drivers side gets wet after it rains or I wash the truck. My mechanic said he found missing grommets in the firewall and replaced them. The carpet was still getting wet, he suggested replacing the windshield as it might be leaking from there. Did that this week, hasn't rained yet, hoping this works, but the windshield tech didn't think the windshield was the problem. I also had an electical problem from the amount of water that got in. The "door ajar" and interior lights stayed on. Mechanic replaced a "buss" wire (I think) and also the battery. Today I got a message saying "Check Charging System" and the battery icon is lit on the dashboard.

What's going on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My girlfriend had the same problem with her carpeting in her car. The problem was a small leak in the windshield seal she got that fixed and now there is no fog in the car when its cold out and not wet floors = windshield might need resealing on yours.

welcome and that sux strange things are happening

my 92 does the same thing (leaking) it doesnt like drip wet, but the headliner all the way in the front left corner is wet when it rains, luckily it doesnt get anything else wet though lol but yeah the weather seal thing is pretty sun burnt so i think thats the prob

Leaks suck water travels the path of least resistence so it is hard to tell where the leak is sometimes. My wife's friend had a probe and it leaked the dealer could not even find it so ford took the car back under the lemon law.

Do you have a sun roof?
The drain hoses can come loose, ergo wet carpet.
Not sure where the heater valve is located, that is a source as well for some vehicles.

Back