• Register Today It's free!

door ajar light

JM03EXP

Reaction score
City, State
PITTSBURGH, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT
I noticed over the last few months that after a good rain or snow, or even when I wash the X, the door ajar light comes on for a day or so. It started out maybe once every three or four times it got wet, now it's every time. Tried spraying the latches with white lithium grease but that didn't help. Anybody else having this problem?

I had the exact same problem with my 02' it started this last winter.It got where every time it rained or I washed it that would happen.I think I got my problem fixed but I'm not sure what the problem was,I sprayed the latch with WD-40 and then I noticed my door was slightly out of adjustment.The driver door was rubbing against the back door when I closed it,so I adjusted it and got it lined back up where it should be.Somewhere between the 2 things I did something worked because it hasn't done it for about a month now.I've been in several rains and I wash it every week and the light hasn't came on since.

So why does the door ajar light stay on? Its been doing that on my car lately whether its dry rain sleet or snow..... I tried taking it in to the dealer.. but what do u know it stopped.

Maybe the lithium grease did the trick. We've had really crappy weather here in Pittsburgh for the last week and the door ajar light hasn't come on once. I think it just took some time for it to work its way in. Who knows, this thing has a mind of its own sometimes.

Back