stupid light tricks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stupid light tricks

Well i finally installed my HID lights today. It took about 2 hours to complete, but that was probably due to the fact this was my first "hands on" lighting project. They turned out perfectly.

i got bored and i had my tools out So i decided to re align my Hellas high-beam angle. They were aimed so far down that they were only visable a few feet infront of the truck. I aimed them up and aligned them on the garage door and they looked good. Unfortunatly i broke one of the brackets and had to fashon one by hand. this of corse took all afternoon.

I took my lights out for a spin. i'm came from the movies and its was about 10 PM. turns out i have the Hellas too high, as now I can see at least 2 storys high! I was blinked at by most of the oncoming traffic and cars infront of me never broke 25. So now I have to but them back down tomorrow. That was a fun 4 hours for nothing.

No real reason for this post other then to say i got my HIDs workin!:D :redexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good for you......... dont you hate taking a simple project and turning it into a whole afternoon? ;)

oh yeah, you need a link on this post to pictures ;)

i'll get the pictures developed as soon as i get some time.. right now i'm saving up to ship my girlfriend back up here next weekend

You're shipping your girlfriend?? Jeez... poor girl... Did you at least poke holes in the box?? :eek: :D ;) :) :p

unabonked, did you get actual HID lights for the normal headlamps or did you get auxiliary driving lights?

I know what he'll be poking as soon as she gets back up there! LOL

poke.gif

sex1.gif

yeah they are for my main lamps. I figured i'd get a little too excited mounting aux HIDs and aim them high enough to get in drivers eyes. Besides it was the only way to get such blue lights.

My girlfriend lives 200 miles away (in NYC) so i have to bring her by amtrak avery few week. Spend all day with my truck, every few weekends my girlfriend... just the way god intended :p

next up: light bar made out of the stock roofrack and 4 PIAA 1100Xs then projext "Halo" will be complete :D

Back