• Register Today It's free!

Sub/Amp Install

gdogkzo

Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
well I used your advice and the HU install and amp bypass went by without a glitch, so now im onto the next project. When installing a Sub box and amps, where do you pull the power from? Also what is the best way to get it past the firewall and into the trunk of the truck? And I assume you run the RCA cables the same place you run the amp power cable? All help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should run the Amp power wire on the other side of the RCA's.

run the RCA's down the passenger side. The power and remote go down the drivers side and the power goes to the battery though a grommet in the firewall

Ok, got all my stuff, Installing it as we speak! Where is the best spot to get the power cable through the firewall. The stereo shop said the clutch cover plate, others here said where wires are already ran. What has worked for you?

Geoff

yah, just look where the wires go coming off of your battery and just stick it through the rubber grommet. I took a dremel and cut out an opening so it would fit. Then just run it down ur carpet under those plastic panels by the door openings, and then through to the space where your jack extensions are by the fold down back seats and ur all set!

Back