• Register Today It's free!

sub boxes

Garretthomas

Reaction score
City, State
Independence
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 explorer xlt
hi there guys im looking to build an enclosed sub box for these subs but was wondering if anybody could give me the demensions for the best sounding box to put them in heres the link to the subs i have

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3038

i have two of these and i want the box to be sealed can anybody help keep in mind im looking for them to be louder but yet keep that tight hit and sound quality

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those work MUCH better ported than sealed. They're quite muddy sealed, where as they stay clean, and actually achieve a bit of output ported. I never suggest using a "low" XMax driver sealed unless you are 100% sound quality type of person (in which case you wouldn't have those drivers anyway). I like the look of the curve on 1.5cube @ 35hz for each driver.

sound quality and audiobahn are not in the same category...sorry. Audiobahn makes cheap crap...thats why they went out of business.

BUT you can still build a decently loud enclosure. I'd do a common chamber...I agree with Infinity though on the enclosure size and tuning. 3 cu ft net with a single 6" round port 16.25" long.

Those subs wouldn't last on rated power...I'd give them 600-700 watts to the pair.

not suited for sealed...you can if you want but it will sound like crap and you will lose A LOT of output.

If you want sealed than you should have chosen a subwoofer that works WELL in sealed and not ported.

dude i hate ported sound ported bandpass there all cheezy soundy #### prted and bandpass i want a tight sealed box that will beat

you have no idea what a proper ported enclosure sounds like

dude i hate ported sound ported bandpass there all cheezy soundy #### prted and bandpass i want a tight sealed box that will beat

you have no idea what a proper ported enclosure sounds like

You've never had a ported enclosure built to spec have you? I guess my home theater enclosures must suck, too- seeing as they're ported. :bsnicker: Matter of fact, I can also design and build excellent bandpass enclosures. Honestly, sealed should only be used in certain circumstances, mostly involving very little space.

undortunatley i have heard proted and bandpass enclosures to spec n i ont like them most of them get that sound like the sub is paper and rattles on the low bass n doesnt push much low bass out n it just sucks but w/e guys gimme the specs for w/e one sounds the best i mean i want the measurements of the box i dont do much wood woorking or now how to figure up box specs so i would like to just be able to make the measurements cut it out and cut the holes i guess so if any of u could tell me that i would appreciate it kinda mad i cant get a sealed box but w/e i guess i might also go get new subs cuz of this lol

90% of "enclosures to spec" from manufactures specs sound like crap...small enclosures tuned high..aimed towards noobs...if you want a REAL ported enclosure or a REAL bandpass it must be custom designed...not just some "manufactures specs".

well can u get the specs and design a box for me n send me the height width lengh to me n tell me how big to drill the ports n what do you prefer ported or bandpass?

Back