Pics of Sub Boxes | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of Sub Boxes

close.jpg

close4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sundown:thumbsup:

0304002131c.jpg

0304002131b.jpg

I have a very basic system.Still building it. Sounds Good.

Sony RA650CDX
MPQ5X0
DBD Soundstream BX-12
Planet Audio 100X2
UsAmps XT2000D
Kicker C128

I have the amp running at 4 ohms (subs are wired in parallel) 75 rms each he!

Attachments

• subox2.JPG
    subox2.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 5,263

stereoback.jpg

Not special by any means but it was cheap and it hits surprisingly hard.

amp is behind the passenger rear panel. (you can see it's not back in place yet) I still need to put a fan or two on the panel to keep it cool.

heres my simple set up. hits hard enough for me :)

DSCN0420.jpg

0716001800a.jpg

They are 2 15" power acoustik P2's on a Planet audio tq1201d amp wired at 1 ohm getting 900 rms. It bumps pretty nice for my liking, i really like how it hits the low notes better than my old setup of 2 Kicker CVR 10 inchers haha

well i just put my amp and sub back in on the weekend so will show some pics of my set up

real basic set up, single 10 with mono block amp. built the box so that it still fits under the factory roll up cover. the amp is on the back of the seat so that i can still fold the seat down and use the back of the ex

DSCF2566.jpg

DSCF2568.jpg

New box. Thanks to PandorasCustoms for putting me on the right path to make it. Sounds waayyy wicked. Cleaner and louder then my old box. Have future plans to carpet it and move the amps either on top or in front of enclosure but that is later on.

newbox2.jpg

Thanks for your help PandorasCustoms and no prob with the AutoCAD. I took the info you gave me and worked with that and just drew up a diagram on paper lol. I'm really happy with the turnout. Love how it looks, fits and sounds. Its so loud my third brake light flashes( probably not a good sign lol)

Definitly keep us up to date on Midnight's project, Im interested in that.

port.jpg

Found it easiest to work inside-out
almostdone.jpg

finished3.jpg

^ The ports werent sanded in this pic - I sanded all the hard edges off before it went into my eX.

New box. Thanks to PandorasCustoms for putting me on the right path to make it. Sounds waayyy wicked. Cleaner and louder then my old box. Have future plans to carpet it and move the amps either on top or in front of enclosure but that is later on.

newbox2.jpg

Hey that box looks familiar. :D
1998700412_large.jpg

Newest box-
DSCN1136.jpg

DSCN1137.jpg

check out my vids of my 04 XLT with 2 18 AQ HDC's! dont have any pics but i know youll like this!

i got vids of the older 01 sport with 15's about to break the back hatch

the best part is at the end

my 2 18 setup gettin it. in the middle of rebuilding with 4 15s ATM.

My new set up... SIMPLE AND AWESOME !!!!!!!

I cant wait for the sub to get broken in, but right now it blows my old set out of the water :D

OLD...

Picture009.jpg

Kenwood W3012's, and Dual XIA Amp

NEW...

REAUDIO.jpg

RE Audio SXX10D2, and Kenwood/Excelon XR-1S

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

My newest project lol I have the subs mounted, but im still making some "legs" for the box

Back