Let's see your sub boxes! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see your sub boxes!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my box is still in the designing stage. But I can tell you that it will hit 155+db. I'm using Lightning Audio subs that just got released. I'm going with 4 12" subs with the new Lightning mono 2000 watt amp to each sub. Go here:http://www.lightningaudio.com/2003/home/index.asp
My subs are called the X2.H12.V4
The amps are X1.2000.1D

All this in a tuned wall. Heres a pic of my buddies wall in his pick-up. Mine will be very similar.

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 315

LOL, he has that in a pick-up??!!! Jeeze

How loud is that thing? Do you wanna hear only bass or will this be for competition? Geezus!

His is only 4 10" LA subs with 2 amps running the pair. 1000 watts to each pair. His best was 151.7db. I have pics of a Honda with 4 15" subs in the back seat in the same type box. Wanna see???

:)

Attachments

• box%20-%20wow.jpg
    box%20-%20wow.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 304

The Hondas best is 159.7 db. Heres a link to my 4x4/stereo shop:Power Plant

Here's mine

Nothing compared to a wall of subs, but I'm pretty happy with it, though its not finished. Still need to cover it with vinyl to match the interior:

Link to construction pictures

IM001200.JPG

Dead Link Removed

Some boxes ive had in the Explorer:

1) Stealth box

Attachments

• img_0293 (resised).jpg
    img_0293 (resised).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 248

2) Custom Ported enclosure...

Attachments

• rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 246

VairKing, Who makes that stealth box, or is it custom? How did you get that Audiobahn in there?

That is a JL Vantage enclosure, I had to modify it a little bit to get the sub to fit, and it was a tight fit, but it did fit!

those are nice, i just got my scanner and i'm having some trouble with it, but i should have it running soon so i can post a pic or 2

Back