• Register Today It's free!

sunroof

blkmrideon22s

Reaction score
City, State
creston nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 eddie bauer
i dive a 1991 ford explorer and recently i park my ex so i could start to work on my system but everytime it rains my sunroof leak. my sun roof only leaks on the left side. i thought since my explorer was park go down a hill my that my sunroof drain hole could be stop up. i don't see anything that could be in the way of the drain plugs. i'm going to take a can of air to spary in the drain hold to see if the hole a stop up? what other things so i look for to stop the leak. this has never happen until one month ago. it water is leaking near the front visor and its leaking near the driverside back door.

i dive a 1991 ford explorer and recently i park my ex so i could start to work on my system but everytime it rains my sunroof leak. my sun roof only leaks on the left side. i thought since my explorer was park go down a hill my that my sunroof drain hole could be stop up. i don't see anything that could be in the way of the drain plugs. i'm going to take a can of air to spary in the drain hold to see if the hole a stop up? what other things so i look for to stop the leak. this has never happen until one month ago. it water is leaking near the front visor and its leaking near the driverside back door.

Now we can understand it.

I dive a 1991 ford explorer. I recently I parked my ex so I could start to work on my system, but every time it rains my sunroof leaks. My sunroof only leaks on the left side. I thought since my explorer was parked going downhill my sunroof drain hole could be plugged up. I don't see anything that could be in the way of the drain plugs. I’m going to take a can of air to spray in the drain hold to see if the hole is stopped up? What other things so I look for to stop the leak. This has never happen until a month ago. It water is leaking near the front visor and its leaking near the driver side back door.

i have recently had the exact same problem in my 94 xlt infact i parked it for the same reasons. i found that the longer it stayed parked the worse it got and it seemed like my seal was shrinking. I had about a litre of water in my driverside door and my headliner has mold on it but i found that as soon as i started driving it everyday the problem fixed itself ( i had to take the water out of my door and oxyclean the mold but the seal is working perfectly) my only thought is that when i stoped driving the cold casued the seal to shrink and tht heat will fix it but you my just need a new seal altogether.

Back