Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zoso- You will like those tires a lot because they do very well for what you pay. I had a set and the traction was great in the rain/snow/mud but I just couldn't keep them balanced.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How well does your 4x2 explorer do in snow? got a bit today and am expecting more later :D but i gots me a 4x2 eddie bauer and am looking to do some fun snow-roading.

I can get this big old thing to drift uphill ! hahaha that is without the 300lbs of sand in the back and only studded snow tires. It's a bit of an effort to comfortably drive a rear wheel drive up and down grades in the snow. :D But she has her moments of entertainment.... :salute:

same as mine rb lift 2.25 front and 1.75 back with 3" body lift.

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

Thats Joshua Tree National park in California. I drove solo from Detroit to Palm springs 4 years ago and took the long way stopping at a few parks and such. I took over 200 pictures and lots of the Explorer but unfortunately lost a hard drive with all those pics. I managed to salvage just a few of the pics I had hosted on the internet.

that pic is amazing!

deffinately lose the caps, looks tougher when you can see some bolts for some reason. I dont normaly like anything bigger than 20's on these rigs, but yours just barely pulls it off. good work

Well, IMHO, it looked better before the "DUB's", but to each his own I guess...

I am with Zerodevil on the size, but in your case, you are pulling it off better. Those wheels make me think of FR500's:D I would keep the center caps on and lower it a hair when you get the chance. Lowering it will make it look even better;)

Good job and keep up the good work!

Lower it and keep the caps on unless you can find something to cover up the smaller center hole. Looks nice either way!

100_0620.jpg

100_0619.jpg

this is my baby with 3 inch body lift and 265's, should've went 285 but....

l am digging the tire/wheel combo a lot. I m wondering if they rub at all?

no rubbing. If your Ex/Mounty comes with 17's from the factory, the wheels are 245/65/17.

Thanks for everyones opinion! I cant stand the look of that center hole and I guess my only option is to keep the caps on. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a lowering kit that still will allow me to have no rubbing? Thats going to have to be my next project..

100_0620.jpg

100_0619.jpg

this is my baby with 3 inch body lift and 265's, should've went 285 but....

I've been reading alot about those tires on the Jeep forums. How do you like them and do they come close to rubbing? I've got a 2" RB lift to be installed, but I've been waiting to buy new tires first. Wranglers suck and I'm starting to slide around corners when its wet.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

QUOTE]

Have you had any problems with moisture in those headlights/turns? i am a bout to buy them fmro ebay wanted to know if they leak or anything...

TIA

i say just alcohol wipe where they sealed it then seal it with goop. they will never leak but more then likely you will never be able to take them apart. i do it to all my vehicle including the factory headlights, fog light and taillight of the mountaineer. the fog lights on these do not keep any water out unless you reseal them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool thanks i just ordered them!!!...

Back