Super Lift install in Progress...Pics.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Super Lift install in Progress...Pics..

Alright so I decided to work on the Lift this weekend, it is a 5.5 SL that is the SuperRunner System. So today we did the SOA it took us about 6 hours or so and it went good. The only thing that I am concerned about is the E-brake, it is real tight when the wheels are jacked up. Also do I need extended brake lines for the rear because it really doesnt look like it do? Well here are the pics.

Before:
DSC00190.JPG

BeforeSOA.JPG

Me:

MattBackAxel.JPG

SOABrakeLine.JPG

SOAFlop.JPG

DanielSOABracket.JPG

SOAFlop.JPG

WorkingSOA.JPG

AfterSOA.JPG

AfterSOA2.JPG

Tomorrow its time for the front....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea we finally got the the bolt loose. Now I just need the brake lines and I am done!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ALright I have everything put together. But when I look at the steering it looks likes the drums are facing inward. Do I need to adjust the steering rod sleeves? Or should I not mess with it? It looks not very good.

Is the truck still on jack stands? If so the drums ( i asume you mean rotors on the front axle) will look all screwed up. I always put it back together and once on the ground and driven it a few feet then i was able to start messing with the steering to get the alignment close. I would still take it to a shop and get it set the first time. If you find a shop that does "lifetime alignments" get it cause you will always be realigning a ttb setup as the springs settle.

yea they are still on the jack stands. I am going to put the tires on and see how it looks. But one of the sides looks like it is pointed inward more than the other.

Did you put a drop pitman arem on as well? After I posted i was thinking more about it and you will probably need to turn the out a bit anyway. You just droped the knuckles 5.5" and left the pitman arm in teh same place or maybe a few inches lower with a dropped one but it didtnt drop it 5".

I also went to NAU for 1.5 years did a few wheeling trips out to the cinders and just south of campus there were some mud holes we would go play in. Wish I could move back there I really liked it up there.

I changed the pitman arm to the dropped pitman arm. I will look at it tomorrow, its too late right now.

Yea NAU is a awesome place, lot of wheeling to do. Its a pretty good school too.

Alright Here she Is..Check out the camber and toe

ExplorerDoneBack.JPG

ExplorerDoneFront.JPG

ExplorerDoneFront2.JPG

ExplorerDoneSide1.JPG

Should the alignment fix the \ / problem? And will it kill my tires if I drive like 5-10 miles to the alignment place?

Yes, the alignment will cure your \ /. I wouldn't think 10 miles is long enough to cause any real treadwear probs. Oh yeah, lift looks good.

Hey Matt,

couple of questions for you....are you using the stock radius arms? And if so did you drop the back end of the radius arms with drop brackets or are you still using the stock mounting locations? I can't tell by looking at the last picture....

thx, Mark

No there are the extended radius arms.

Overkil,
If you dont have extended arms or drop brackets you cant lift it higher then 2 inch's. I used the radius arm drop brakets and they worked fine. There not as good as extended arms but they work.

JTX said:
Overkil,
If you dont have extended arms or drop brackets you cant lift it higher then 2 inch's. I used the radius arm drop brakets and they worked fine. There not as good as extended arms but they work.

That's what I thought as well but I wasn't sure....Thx!

What size are those xterrains? Get them from Skier?

33/12.5/15 I got them off a local person used for $150 total.

looks good man, I'm getting ready to put a skyjacker 6in in mine around jan-feb. One question, did you reused the stock driveshafts and if so, how close are they to the limit of travel. Let me know how those 33's work once you get down the trail a bit, thanks.

:chug: :chug:

I used the stock driveshaft. Are you asking how far is it from poping out? And are you talking about the front one? The front driveshaft pulled out about 3 inches...so it is fine.

Looks great. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ill post some better pics once it gets aligned and the perches welded. Hopefully I will be able to do that this week. But man I cant wait...

Back