• Register Today It's free!

supercharger fuel pump questions

fststang

Reaction score
City, State
milwaukee, wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
I recently ordered a FRPP Supercharger kit for my 2000 Eddie Bauer with a 5.0L This kit is almost the same as the Powerdyne kit. My 2000 has the returnless fuel system and I was wondering what options I have for upgrading the stock fuel pump? Any help that you guys can give me would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They didn't give you a replacment pump with the kit? You are going to have to up your injector size as well, did they include injectors? If so what size? How much boost will the S/C make? These will help to determine the size of the fuel pump you need

ipozestu said:
They didn't give you a replacment pump with the kit? You are going to have to up your injector size as well, did they include injectors? If so what size? How much boost will the S/C make? These will help to determine the size of the fuel pump you need

i have the ee blower on my 2000 5.0, i didn't have to change injectors of fuel pump. these are low emission vehicles, so i think that if you put in bigger injectors than it may not pass smog unless the computer was re-calibrated. i believe the kit is about 5-6 psi if i remember correctly.

Simply put more air requires more fuel. When you increase cylinder pressure by raising it's intake charge above atmosphereic pressure (boost), you need larger injectors or higher pressure from the fuel pump to the stock injectors. This can be done without either upgrade but it would have to be offset by a head unit that produces less boost or removing deg. timing. Each of these has a result of lost power therefore making a S/C a less efficient. If remember right you lose ~20hp for each deg of timing. As for emissions go if your emission contol is working properly it will take care of it's self by trying to maintain 14:1 A/F ratio. Fuel plays an important role in emission contol. To little fuel and the engine runs lean (high NoX) to much fuel(rich) (high CO). No combustion is perfect, but attempting to contol at 12.5:1-14:1 is very difficult to acheive by leaving all components stock and adding a power adder like a S/C.

On the 5 liter, you dont need a pump or injectors until you get over 6psi of boost. The FMU will work just fine with 19's and 6psi. I would still go with a bigger pump however. Any aftermarket pump for the mustang should work just fine.

The kit did not come with either injectors or a pump. The kit is a 6 psi and I was told by Ford Racing that I would not have to upgrade. I would like to upgrade anyways because I will eventually be looking into getting the 9 psi pulley for it. Do you know if anybody makes a intank pump for the explorer?

james t said:
Any aftermarket pump for the mustang should work just fine.

Back