Suspension lift options? Only Superlift and Trailmaster? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension lift options? Only Superlift and Trailmaster?

kythri

Reaction score
City, State
Lebanon, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Are Superlift and Trailmaster my only options?

As far as the Superlift goes (haven't looked much at Trailmaster), is it desirable to get the Superlift CV axles (at nearly $1000 for a pair)?

The website says that the kit maintains the stock CV angles, but the www.4wheelparts.com website claims that the lift will fubar OEM CV's within 25K-30K. What other wear is getting put on these?

Finally, here's a possibly dumb lift theory question...

I see quite a bit of posting from people who want 6" of lift in the front, and 4" in the back.

Why aren't these people wanting the same lift front and back?

I've got the WAR353 Lift Shackles in the back of my Explorer, and was planning on doing the TT up front, but prior to the shackle install, the ass-end of my Explorer was sagging. After the install, everything is all nice and level, so I never did the TT deal.

Is the back end supposed to sag like that? I notice quite a few stock Explorers with a droopy butt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

with either kit you will not need to change out your CV because they will drop the diff enough that it will not change the angle much on the driveline but you will have to replace the front driveshaft from the transfer case because the boot will only last so long. i recommend RCD and ditch the torsion bars

yea, the 4wp site says driveshaft not the cv's.

there is the rcd kit that gives 5-5.5".(its made for the 98+ ranger). then you would go soa in the rear.

superlift and trailmaster are your basic drop bracket kits that will eventually need a new front driveshaft but not cv's. The rcd is a coil over conversion drop bracket kit.

thank you

So, www.jackit.com is just re-selling Superlift's kit as their own, for about $200 more?

they post helpful footnotes that the lift companies dont... i dont buy from them. jackit.com is informational only for me.

as far as supliers...superlift,skyjacker?,rancho,fabtech,procomp..

Back