• Register Today It's free!

Suspension Lifts

smckisson

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer ST
I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a good yet cheap suspension lift for my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are none. Assuming your Trac is a 4x4, the only true suspension lift kit is a 4" from Superlift and it costs about $2000. Well, there is Dixon Bros. but if the Superlift is out of your budget, you don't even want to know what Dixon Bros. costs.

That being said, you can also crank up the torsion bars 1.5" in front and add Warrior #WAR-153 shackles in the rear and fit 32's or a narrow 33. Doesn't cost much, shackles are about $60 plus install, cranking the torsion bars is free plus an alignment job. To that you can add a 2" body lift and fit the common 33x12.50-15. Body lift costs about $200 plus install.

The basic rule with late-model Rangers and Explorers is that they are cheap to lift a little and expensive to lift a lot.

Moved to Sport Trac Forum. :chug:

Almost comprehensive, but the body lift is 3" and costs closer to the $300 in most instances. I think some have got it for around $260. I paid $80. :D

Suspension lifts just aren't worth it on our trucks.

Sorry to thread hijack...

I heard that doing a body lift puts a lot of strain on the body mounts, leading to imminent failure (squeaks, etc.). Does a TT and shackles put extra strain on the mounts as well? Toying with the idea of doing those, but I don't feel like replacing body mounts in the near future.

Nope, installing body lifts don't do anything to the factory mounts. If you live in the southern dryer climate the bushings tend to dry out and crumble alot faster then up here in the north. Doing a TT won't have any affect on the mounts either. TT will affect the balljoints, CV axles and frontend steering and suspension parts.

Almost comprehensive, but the body lift is 3" and costs closer to the $300 in most instances. I think some have got it for around $260. I paid $80. :D

Suspension lifts just aren't worth it on our trucks.

+ an extra $30 if you have a stick shift.

Back