Suspension Question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension Question

i'm pretty sure you can NOT use add a leafs with mono leaf springs. unless i have been told wrong then someone please inform me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm pretty sure you can NOT use add a leafs with mono leaf springs. unless i have been told wrong then someone please inform me

I don't see why you couldn't... Except for the fact that on an Ex, you'd be adding more springs under the axle, thereby reducing ground clearance.

you cannot , steel rubbing on fiberglasss, is not good, and with the pressure put on the fibre spring , it could snap at the edges of the extra leaf, causing a bit of trouble,

you cannot , steel rubbing on fiberglasss, is not good, and with the pressure put on the fibre spring , it could snap at the edges of the extra leaf, causing a bit of trouble,

He didn't say anything about fiberglass, he asked about a mono-leaf. Not all mono-leaf springs are fiberglass. (Mine are definately steel)

If my memory serves, some of the early/mid-90s Rangers had fiberglass monoleafs... But they didn't last very long and didn't like the abuse.

If you really want to get high tech you can do what I did and add airbag helpers to your rear suspension. I also included an auto leveling system. All in all my front to rear ride height stays level and at stock height. Regardless of how much weights I have in the rear. The big plus to the set up is during towing. I have no controlability issues while towing my 6X8 enclosed trailer at or above normal highway speeds.

Back