Suspension: shocks, anti-sway bar, links... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension: shocks, anti-sway bar, links...

hey guys!

got all my items very fast, only 3-4 bussiness days
:thumbsup:

5A560A00-C4A8-4DB9-8C9B-266C351D2C2D_zpsbzvlvxwv.jpg

After 6 hours i finish everything. no problems at all bolts losen up very easily, looks like the deep creep penetrating oil helped alot. the only problem was dealing with the pain the next day, sitting down on the toilet was a real challenge :D

64C453CB-88A0-4B51-BFDA-B20866143CFD_zpslybvtnxo.jpg

Few things a noticed:

*the driver side of the truck already had the camber bolts, the passenger side did not and it had a two piece control arm. i know i paid a shop to do this work a long time ago when i use to pay to get an air filter replaced

*it looks like i sprayed to much penetrating oil to all the bolts because now i have a squeaking noise i think is coming from the right side, maybe lower ball joint, but i'm not 100% sure, i did the test but i can't find any movement :mad:
maybe the lower control arm bushings caught some of that oil and and dry out any grease that was there???... i know the squeaking started two days after i spray deep creep and before i replace the new stuff... any ideas?

Nice work, should feel like new. Grease all the ball joints but don't over fill. They usually have very little grease when shipped.

Back