Suspension upgrade question

sethsport

Reaction score
City, State
cocoa beach fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sporttrac xlt 4x4
I have a 2003 sport trac Adrenalin 4x4.
I tow my boat and I have a 17’ Enclosed trailer that it probably could tow but I don’t have to because my employee tows it with his 7.3 ford.
I should probably Upgrade to a bigger truck for the Towing but... I love my sport trac, I’m sure you all can understand.

my question is I want to upgrade to a badass suspension that’s going to give me lift and be fully capable of handling towing loads at least up to the towing capacity rating With no problems. My boat brings the suspension down to the bump stops and it sucks.

do I really need to upgrade to a full sized truck or what are my options ? I’m willing to throw some serious cash at it. Like I said I love my truck. Why don’t they make the EXACT SAME TRUCK in a full size body with a bigger engine!!!!!! It’d be the best truck ever!

First off as long as you are within the specs for the weight you can tow you should be able to tow it safely. There are a few things you can do to level out the tow rig.

Weight distribution bars really help take the load off the hitch. This is an example of the setup:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB0T994/?tag=serious-20

Add on airbags are another good option, but I first would go with the weight distributing hitch as it makes towing so much more stable.

Back