swapping explorer parts into a B2? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

swapping explorer parts into a B2?

jg09

Reaction score
City, State
Everson, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer Explorer
I don't know what year of B2 it is, but somebody is offering me one that's already sitting on 36" tires for $250, it just needs a fuel pump and a starter. My question is this: is there any way I can use my '92 Explorer's fuel pump and even the 4.0 starter in the B2? I'm going to assume that it's a first gen B2. They say the motor runs, but if it doesn't run well, i'm going to pull the 4.0 out of the Explorer and swap it into it anyways, but I'd like to get the B2 going with as little work and expense as possible.

found out that the starter is a no-go... any ideas on the fuel pump? i'm assuming that the B2 is fuel injected, also

well guys, i'm not too worried about it anymore. having looked at the b2, i'm definitely gonna be 4.0 swapping it if i do indeed get it. However, i do have one question. Can I get a picture from someone with a 2.8 litre B2? I need 2 pics, one of the carb all set up (minus the air filter on top) and one of the wiring on the driver side of the engine compartment. The B2 i'm looking at is missing some fuel lines/vacuum lines on the carb and the wiring is a complete mess.

more questions! this time about the flywheel. I'd ultimately like to do the swap and spend as little money as possible ($0 is a good figure for this project). Can I use the 2.8 flywheel? if i do that, what starter should i use? the 2.8 or the 4.0?

Also, the B2 has an electric fan with a toggle switch in the cab. I'm having a brain fart right now, but as I recall, the Explorer has a mechanical fan. Is there anything special that i need to do to remove the Explorer's fan? can I just remove the fan clutch and call it good?

Back