• Register Today It's free!

Sway Bar

fishnbas2

Reaction score
City, State
virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt
I have a 97 explorer and im looking to replace stock sway bar bushings and end links with poly bushings. Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy them??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have heard very good things about this site:
www.explorerexpress.com
They seem to have an affordble anti-sway system that is very effective. Saleen also sells them I believe but it will cost you a pretty penny.

do you guys know how much difference installing the rear sway bar from explorerexpress.com makes in handling?

My buddy has one on his X, it's like the difference between night and day. I'm getting one as soon as i get the money and tackle a couple more items on my mod list

do you know how well the edelbrock shocks handle?

do you know how hard it was to install the sway bar?

The sway bar install takes no more than an hour. Just unbolt the old bar (6 bolts) and bolt on the new stuff (6 more). The hardest thing is making sure the bar is centered, and lining it up with the mounting brackets. I dropped the spare before I started so I could sit up under the truck.

Yes it is true. The sway bar swap is super easy.
Yes it is true. The sway bar is one of the best mods you can do. HUGE differance

Is it worth $180? I did a front strut tower brace and a rear sway bar on my old maxima. The FSTB made a HUGE difference, the rear sway to me was minimal. However, most people feel the rear sway made more of a difference out of the two.

Maxima = power to front wheels, thus front swaybar would be more beneficial
Explorer = power to rear wheels, stabilizes axle and reduces body roll.

From what I've heard its worth it. But it is rather expensive.

The Edlebrock's are quite stiff and provide of a very firm ride. I advise against it if you live in or travel through PA ;)

Hartman said:
Maxima = power to front wheels, thus front swaybar would be more beneficial
Explorer = power to rear wheels, stabilizes axle and reduces body roll.

The strut tower brace is different than a sway bar. It boxes in the front suspension so it does more of this | | than this \ / around turns. It did nothing for acceleration, but made huge difference in cornering.

fishnbas2 said:
I have a 97 explorer and im looking to replace stock sway bar bushings and end links with poly bushings. Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy them??

Any auto parts store that carries Moog has high quality poly bushings. Don't waste the money on the Energy Bushings sets, they're the same as the Moog, IMO.

Back