• Register Today It's free!

sync 3 navigation stopped

Dfred

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Weird..... Today for about 30 mins navigation did not function at all..... Had a navagation fault displayed on the screen. Tried turning off the system to no avail. After leaving the system off for about 15 mins, and the car off also it finally came on...... Doing some research on the web there is several videos on this problem and in some cases the turning the car off did not fix the problem..... Hope this is not an on going problem......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like automatic software updates. I have seen countless times where software/apps need to "sleep" while an update is being performed, and then "wake up" again and nothing the end user can do until it is done.

If manufacturers's are not going to or able to provide seamless updating, why the end user must see an "error" notification and not a "please wait... update in progress" notification is anyone's guess.

The bartender is giving you a shot glass of Karma. In all seriousness, that is not good, hopefully its not a widespread issue. DFred, do you use an iphone or an android with your vehicle?

The bartender is giving you a shot glass of Karma. In all seriousness, that is not good, hopefully its not a widespread issue. DFred, do you use an iphone or an android with your vehicle?

I use an IPhone...... The navagation was up and running when I plugged in the iPhone...... After that the ford nav had a fault after I unplugged the iPhone..... Don't know if that had anything to do with the failure or not.....

It would not be my first glass of karma...........

I was on a road trip 2 weeks ago
about 45 min into my drive home my Sync 3 crashed while in nav mode,
i didnt touch anything I just noticed it stopped tracking...
when I tried to interact with it, the screen got very confused, it displayed the full screen nav on top of the home screen ...
it was a mash up of icons and text, nothing was centered correctly, the vehicle indicator was in the phone section, etc...
the map was tracking but not accurate at all it was 15 min in the past...
it became very slow and unresponsive only in nav initially
I could switch to radio and that worked... for about 5 minutes,... then locked up.
Eventually, I lost almost total control of sync 3, it would falsely respond to button presses but only after minutes of waiting.
I managed to get to and initiate the master reset and it fixed the problem with no hiccups since.
(it wouldn't let me perform the reset while the car was moving,... wtf?)

... just sharing

Back