• Register Today It's free!

SYNC Services vs. TravelLink

jtversky

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi gang. As i've been getting more familiar with my explorer, one question that I keep trying to figure out is what is the difference between SYNC Services and Travellink. I know SYNC services has the $60 cost after the 3 year trial (not sure that 3 year limit applies to CPO vehicles, but I'll learn soon enough I suppose), and Travellink is part of my SiriusXM Trial (3 mos, with further cost monthly afterwards). From searching on the forum, i've found that SYNC services require use of my cell phone for updates, etc. But if I do NOT subscribe to travellink, can I still get real time traffic for navigation, etc.? Obviously the cost for SYNC services is significantly less than TravelLink - but even after searching on the forums (i've seen a few topics on the two), I'm not seeing a definitive answer. Not sure if one of the Ford IVT folks can help to answer this one. Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sure can help you with this, jtversky! When you get a chance, please PM me your VIN fo I can check out the subscription details for SYNC Services.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca! PM Sent!

Back