sync status checker | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sync status checker

antiveg

Reaction score
can anyone email me (pvt msg for email plz) or link the latest sync status checker? i keep gettin errors on the sync site and cant download the file at all. ive tried multiple browsers, assuming the sync site is borked :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you using IE 9. If so it's not supported. That's why your getting the error messages.

ive tried firefox 3.6 and 4, safari, ie9 with compat mode. no luck. i just need the file :(

When I log on, it says that I need to confirm my vin #. I was told to down load the sync status checker. It down loaded just fine to my flash drive, the Ex took it just fine but when I put the flash drive back in my laptop it will NOT report back to sync successfully. I'm stuck with a vin# that sync can't confirm:(
Doe's anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is it the #%^^ web site?

I have the same issue. I talked to the sync cuts serv and they said that it should clear up in a day or two. Well, that was four days ago.. Time to try talking to them again.. I will let you know what I find out.

andywink, have you tried to see if it’s working for you now or have you spoken with the SYNC Support team again?

antiveg & cabman1939,

I recommend contacting SYNC Support to troubleshoot status checker concerns. They can advise if there are any known concerns or Web site updates. In case you don’t have the phone number, it’s 800-392-3673 (Option 1 then 3). Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cory

andywink, have you tried to see if it’s working for you now or have you spoken with the SYNC Support team again?

antiveg & cabman1939,

I recommend contacting SYNC Support to troubleshoot status checker concerns. They can advise if there are any known concerns or Web site updates. In case you don’t have the phone number, it’s 800-392-3673 (Option 1 then 3). Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cory

I have the same issue, called the number and they told me to go verify my VIN with my dealer. That is nothing more than verify what is in the Ford system against what is the metal plate on the EX. Both myself and the sales manager did verify they are identical. So I called the number again, this time they tell me my sync software is out of date. She told me a version 2.4 won't show up in sync website correctly (wow, i think this is good cover up because most people would believe her, but not active users here as we all know we can view our software no matter what version is loaded in the car)

So Cory/Seni , what else can I do? My sales manager told me if I really want to use syncmyride, I would probably need to contact the Ford regional rep to express the problem and see if he can do anything.
How about you Cory/Seni, could you do something for us that have no luck with syncmyride because it seems like our VIN is not entered in the web site correctly?

G37RRaiders,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having the same issue. From previous communications, I have your Explorer’s info, but would you mind sending me a private message with your dealer name and approximate mileage. I would like to look into this to see what else can be done. Thank you.

Cory

Sync cust srvc tells me I have to have my sync reflashed at the dealer to fix this. Seems a lame way to adress this :(

Yada yada yada

Sync cust srvc tells me I have to have my sync reflashed at the dealer to fix this. Seems a lame way to adress this :(

That is what created my problem. My dealer updated my MFT and I went home, got online to see what they updated and found the vin # error. I was at the dealer with an appointment for the update for four hours:mad: I'm in no hurry to go back until something more critical is wrong.

Hi guys,

I posted this in another thread, but just in case, I’ll post it here as well. The SYNC Support team said that VIN validation concerns can be resolved by running a Vehicle Health Report. A Vehicle Health Report prompts your vehicle data to be updated on SYNCMyRide.com but the changes take up to twenty-four hours to take effect on the website.

Because the VIN validation concern resides with your vehicle data on the website and it has nothing to do with the vehicle itself, you will still be able to use Traffic, Directions and Information, and navigate through the SYNCMyRide.com website. However, for the time being, you may experience an ERROR 200 message on the Update & Customize page.

There’s also the option to go to the dealership which you may do at your earliest convenience (i.e. next oil change). If you have any additional issues with this, the SYNC Support team is also available to help (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3).

For more details on how to run a Vehicle Health Report go to http://www.SYNCMyRide.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/UsingServicesSupport.aspx?hdi=18 and follow the steps.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cory

I had to go to the dealer to re-flash to resolve the issue. The vehicle report trick did not work first.

I had to go to the dealer to re-flash to resolve the issue. The vehicle report trick did not work first.
I’m sorry that the Vehicle Health Report did not work first, but I’m glad that it’s been resolved now. I posted this in another thread but for those of your who are having the issue with SYNCMyRide.com validating your VIN, I just wanted to make sure you are waiting the full twenty-four hours since the Vehicle Health Report was run.

If you’ve already done that, I can have it researched if you send me your VIN in a private message. Thank you.

Cory

I’m sorry that the Vehicle Health Report did not work first, but I’m glad that it’s been resolved now. I posted this in another thread but for those of your who are having the issue with SYNCMyRide.com validating your VIN, I just wanted to make sure you are waiting the full twenty-four hours since the Vehicle Health Report was run.

If you’ve already done that, I can have it researched if you send me your VIN in a private message. Thank you.

Cory

We may be having the same issue. Hasn't been 24 hours since I ran the Vehicle Health Report yet. Talked with a Sync Agent via chat and it was suggested that we take the vehicle back to the dealer to flash the Sync module. Just bought the car two days ago (our first Ford).

We may be having the same issue. Hasn't been 24 hours since I ran the Vehicle Health Report yet. Talked with a Sync Agent via chat and it was suggested that we take the vehicle back to the dealer to flash the Sync module. Just bought the car two days ago (our first Ford).
Make sure the Sync site shows your account and everything works. If not, you will likely need to get reflashed for everything to work right.

The dealers should just to this as a matter of course in the vehicle prep. It would resolved lots of issues before the owner gets frustrated.

Make sure the Sync site shows your account and everything works. If not, you will likely need to get reflashed for everything to work right.

The dealers should just to this as a matter of course in the vehicle prep. It would resolved lots of issues before the owner gets frustrated.

Yes, the Sync site shows my account just fine. Sounds like we'll be going in for a module flash.

It’s unfortunate to hear that you’re having the same issue. Please let me know if you would like assistance for when you go to the dealer. For me to be able to help with that, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

It’s unfortunate to hear that you’re having the same issue. Please let me know if you would like assistance for when you go to the dealer. For me to be able to help with that, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

Just sent you a PM.

Cory, I just came home from the dealership and they said they re-flashed the module. I just logged in to SyncMyRide.com and I still get an error when I click on the Update and Customize tab after I log in. The error states:

"Our system has experienced an error. Please try again."

Doesn't seem like anything has been resolved (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, spoke too soon. Just logged in to show my wife what was going wrong and now it seems to be working. I guess the re-flash worked after all.

Back