T-boned last night, few questions.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

T-boned last night, few questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically a stupid girl in a rav 4 t-boned me coming out of her driveway...she never saw me and slammed right into the back drivers side door which then spun me around, hitting a parked ranger on her side of the street. I almost missed her :mad: The ironic thing is that i was telling my buddy about how i need to fix some things on this truck or get rid of it, since a good amount of maintence type issues have come up as of late(ball joints, fuel pump, alternator, serp. belt, belt tensioners, etc) 2 seconds after i finished that sentence, i was getting slammed around the street like a ragdoll.

As far as I can tell, the truck needs a new back door, trim under drivers side door, rear quarter panel, left head light, new grile, bumper, foglights and valence around them, radiator, radiator lines and tranny cooler lines...mechanically i dont know yet(it was leakin coolant and tranny fluid all over the place.) needs touch up paint in a few other areas as well.

CIMG0928.jpg

My camera died after takin this pic, so i dont have any of the front of the truck.

Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate of what a shop would charge to do all of this? Obviously her insurance will be paying for it, but im concerned that with 143,000 miles on it...theyre just going to total it. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thought maybe the pet dog was hurt in the wreck.....?

Monmix, I too was wondering what a 'dogleg' was. But like Abraham Lincoln once said: "Better to be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt....." So I didn't ask.
:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its all good.

We all have to learn some time some how.

South59,

I feel your pain, my 99 is in the body shop from me being hit, it sucks.

I am up to $5050 worth of damage and Geico is not totaling it.

So far I am impressed with the work the shop is doing. The first estimate was just under $4500 amd then they found more damage.

Plus another $1000 for then rental car (I have had it for 3 weeks now)

wpurple said:
South59,

I feel your pain, my 99 is in the body shop from me being hit, it sucks.

I am up to $5050 worth of damage and Geico is not totaling it.

So far I am impressed with the work the shop is doing. The first estimate was just under $4500 amd then they found more damage.

Plus another $1000 for then rental car (I have had it for 3 weeks now)

Geico is great, thats what we have...unfortunataly her insurance is a company ive never heard of...

I havent even talked to the claims adjustor yet, left numerous messages..hes never there.

How many miles on your 99? I would be set if this damn thing didnt already have a salvage title :(

I have 76K on it.

Geico is now becoming a pain, I have to call every few days to renew the rental car, and I am now up on the rental today and the truck isn't ready.
The adjuster was suppose to be out to approve more parts and send in the paperwork, but he didn't. Geico wants me to keep calling the adjuster to find out what's going on....I thought that was the insurance company's job?

Accidents suck even when it's not your fault.....

tell you what... before i got my explorer...i had an 85 4runner.. a buddy was at my house one night and we were talking about our trucks (he had a 98 s10 ext. cab), what we wanted to do to em how we wanted to customize em..lift em and whatnot...the next morning on the way to school he puled out in front of me and i hit him n the passengers door doing 60mph..he rolled over onto the drivers door and ALL of the windows in his truck exploded...i lost conciousness, but i could still hear my cd player, which by the way-never skipped...pioneer is the best, we were both wearing our seatbelts...its a maricle that we are both alive...my truck had a 1/4inch diamond plate aluminum bumper on the front and a warn 8000 pound winch, it was lifted and had 31 inch tires on it.
both trucks were totaled out....i walked away with a broken shoulder...and he walked away with a few scratches and bruises.. were still good friends

Well ive got some good news and some bad news as of today

good news: i did a carfax on the truck, and it turns out that it actually has a clear title after all...seems like the insurance company didnt report it, due to the large amount of cars that were flooded

bad news: its been almost 3 weeks to date since the accident, and nothing has been resolved, the claims adjustor is a real pain in the ass and never returns any of my calls...were waiting to hear from him until tommorow, and then we will get a lawyer involved.

Hopin for the best =D

Do you have a rental car? If not you are entitled to one. I would hound her insurance company, if your in a rental, they are paying out for the rental, plus the body shop should be charging storage. I would just keep calling and calling. 3 weeks is ludacris. (sp?) I was hit on a Tuesday, and Geico's appraser was out on Friday and Thursday was Thanksgiving!
Good Luck, I do feel your pain.

If buy back is under 1K I would get it and go sawzall happy with it. About the rental car I would call them and tell them you are getting a rental asap and they are gonna pay for it. Thats BS. Make sure before the adjuster comes out you clean the truck up decently and show it was well taken care of. It can only help and bringing $$$$ back your way. Also never go for the first # they give you, tell them you want more.

Is your back seat still strait? can you open the door?

My Mounty was towed right to the body shop, I walked into the body shop and they were already on the phone with Enterprise setting me up the rental.
You shouldn't have to wait.....you could always call the insurance and tell them that your neck is starting to hurt.....

After a week I was getting junk mail from lawyers trying to get me to sue. They must read the police reports then spam those involved in accidents.

Between public information and George listening, we really don't have any privacy.

wpurple said:
My Mounty was towed right to the body shop, I walked into the body shop and they were already on the phone with Enterprise setting me up the rental.
You shouldn't have to wait.....you could always call the insurance and tell them that your neck is starting to hurt.....

After a week I was getting junk mail from lawyers trying to get me to sue. They must read the police reports then spam those involved in accidents.

Between public information and George listening, we really don't have any privacy.

funny you say that, i actually had those ambulance chasers trying to get me to sue calling my CELL phone about 2 days after the accident...definitely took me by surprise!

Anyways..they did total it. They transfered the claim from austin(site of accident) down here to houston since this is where the truck is registered. We've got a new claims adjustor down here that i'll be giving a call to tomorrow. I hope i can get a check from them by christmas, this has taken way too long.

boomin-the seat/interior are both fine, but i dont think the door definitely cant be open right now...

Finally resolved(almost):

Totaled for $4300 - gonna try to get around 4700 though

I'm waiting on a figure for a buyback, hopefully it will be cheap enough to buy =D

are you sure you want to buy it back ?

You have three other doors so you wouldn't have to fix it, just drive it like it is. Maybe add a little custom paint to it and your done.
explorerouch.jpg

Heres the replacement

399801.jpg

99 5.0

I also agree with the color combo, NICE TRUCK!

I am still working out the bugs from my truck being fixed. Still glad they didn't total it, but it is not the same as it was.

sweeeeeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back