• Register Today It's free!

tail light guards

minelson17

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer XLS
Anyone ever found Tail Light Guards made for a 1st Gen? I have seen them on 2nd and 3rd Gens, and have found them for purchase on-line, but can't seem to find any for a 1st Gen.

Will the later models work for a 1st Gen? Or are there ones made specifically for a 1st Gen?

~thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any from a 95-97 model should fit the same. They'll be curved but still fit.

I know they used to make them for the 1st gen, but its been a while since I looked for any.

You do know that they are just for looks on street trucks, and that if you go wheeling with them they can easily get caught on brush and actually break your lights or bend/rip the body.

....you know, I actually never thought of that circumstance, but I see your point. There are alot of thin/overgrown roads where I go wheeling...thanks for the heads up.

I was more curious than anything at this point, thanks for the input guys!

I bought some for 49.99 off ebay from some machine shop, just search "explorer navajo" tail light and some came up for me. Just four self setting screws to drill into the truck inside the gate.

ya, for actual protection, they seem like a waste to me, for the price of the guard, you can buy 2 new tail lights....

but if your in it for the looks, then yes, check ebay, thats where ive seen them before.

Back