takin off the doors! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

takin off the doors!

Originally posted by BoatsRcool
aw man your photopoint isn working.

the photopoint system in general isnt working.... i cant get www.photopoint.com to load in any city... and i have tried 3 computers and 2 cities...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

exACTLY what i want!! do you ride on roads with it?

do u wheel with a unibody and the doors off ......plus cut fenders........when u flex out will your rear hatch still open and shut?

one of the moderators forgot who....said they were on a slope sideways and their hatch wouldnt open.... and we have a body on frame

With the doors ON it won't open and close with any flex. I put them on for rubicon and stuff mainly because with no doors if I roll, I die. The doors don't support the Unibody much during flexing and such, but they offer a lot of support when it's on the roof. I really only take them off on road and jerry rigged the cladding to open and shut so I can hop in and out. Off road again, with no cage it's just dangerous. I'm sure it's a similar case with an explorer, even though you guys don't have damn unibodies!!!!
-Nate

id love to take my front doors off but mom says its a no haha. havent asked dad yet.

Back