Tbars swaps his Ranger 7.5 for an Explorer 8.8. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars swaps his Ranger 7.5 for an Explorer 8.8.

And if it does, hopefully its no worse than this one:
DSC00494.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I should be fine...:shifty_ey

...The rear end has stepped out on me a couple of times and I'm waiting for some rain...:burnout:

...If I drive the truck like normal, I get a friendly reminder once a day, usually in the morning...The only time I think I will be kind of cautious is when I take it up to Big Bear in the ice and snow...

...The road's going up are on the cliffs edge...:eek:...I already thought about taking the back way up as the road is less treacherous...It just stay's icy all day...:rolleyes:

Near as I can tell, they all do.

I am going to get some o-rings to compress under the lock nuts - I hope that will stop the leaking.

..Scott, do you have the same set up???..If so, let me know which ones you get...

...I am hoping it is a simple fix as just tightening for now...I could see o-rings and rubber washers failing out here due to the climate...

..I am hoping Rick will chime in on this too...

THose bearing load bolts always leak. The best fix I found was thead sealer. Not Locltite, but thread sealer.

Speaking of parts making there way around, you know you have been here for a while when the parts make the full circle and end up back with you. I have parts on my BII that went away years ago, but some how found there way home.

..Scott, do you have the same set up???..If so, let me know which ones you get...

Yes, I do - except my cover has "SVO" on it.

Once I find an o-ring, I will let you know what size it is. I was thinking last night, that the tranny drain plug looks to be about the same size as the load bolts. Hmmm.....

..Thread sealer was one o the first thoughts that I thought of seeing how it's just a threaded bolt...It's funny that the sites don't mention this in their install instructions...

..A little update for those who followed this thread on who owned and what parts are in "this ol' rear end"..

..Today it lost the 4.10's but gained a set of 4.88's..:biggthump

..These gears were once in Kris Guilbeaux's rig and are via RangerX..;)

I am SO not buying any used parts from you guys! Seriously, though, glad to hear that the 8.8 is holding up to the "re-usable multiple times" claim that I am always hearing about. Buy the way, anybody happen to have any 4.10 gears for an 8.8 laying around???

..:scratch:.. I should have the front and rear gear set ready for sale by fall..I'm hoping to sell them as a pair for about 150, we'll see..pm me if anyones interested..;)

Back