Tellico OHV(Murphy, NC) closed permanently | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico OHV(Murphy, NC) closed permanently

ExploringNC

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hickory, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT, '91 EB
Not sure if anyone posted any updates but just found out they have completly closed all trails at Tellico. Looks like they plan to reopen in 2yrs but I would be surprised if they do. Some enviromental groups are trying to keep it permanently closed. We should have gone last year when we started planning a trip then it died out, figures.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/tellico-info-main.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:( dang that really sucks. Ive seen them go to this place on Xtreme 4x4 on tv a couple of times and looks like theres some really good trails there. so sad

awsome trails will surely be missed. My first time 4wheeling in a early 90's cherokee was there during a jamboree. Buddys dad rolled his jeep 4 times down a hill and ended up turning it into a drop top. Also not much at all on the east coast as for ORV parks. Paragon closed and the NJ guys are still trying to open a park but that has not gotten anywhere in years. Rousch creek is still open but other than that nothing can compair to tellico in size or trail offerings.

Jon

What a loss. I am fortunate to have been able to visit it as many times as I did. Tellico will be missed. :(

Back