Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
help me figure this one out -

My coolant temp gauge does not move at all so I have replaced temp sensor - still, no movement so then I hooked up Auto Meter temp gauge to factory sensor and what did it get? it goes all the way up...

what could be wrong? looks that I can't hook-up auto meter gauge to factory temp sensor... what about factory gauge? does not move at all... gauge went bad? all other gauges work OK...

thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

new senser not working maybe

I need to hook-up my meter and see if the new sensor works... what is the correct resistance?

but - factory gauge doesn't move at all... auto meter goes all the way...

Maybe a short somehwere between the sensor and the guage. And isnt there two sensors?

I did that... gauge works - looks like I got me a bad sensor - AutoZone :shoot:

got to go to NAPA tomorrow to get another one.

Now question is why I can't hook-up AutoMeter gauge to factory sending unit?

Anyone install AutoMeter water temp gauge? I know it comes with sending unit but do you install that sending unit somewhere else to get the reading?

Did you check the sensor to make sure it is getting a good ground from the intake manifold, just to be sure?

Did you check the sensor to make sure it is getting a good ground from the intake manifold, just to be sure?

yeah... maybe I used too much teflon tape...
:rolleyes:

cause I'm getting nothing when I check it with my ohmmeter, oh well...

Back