• Register Today It's free!

Test drive 2020 Aviator

BradP123

Reaction score
City, State
Deerfield, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Lincoln Aviator
I was able to see that an Aviator was delivered to a dealer 10 minutes from my house today. I ran to the dealer to test drive the Aviator since mines been on order since March and I’ve never driven it....and it was incredible. It was a reserve 2, with the convenience package. Drove great, I was the 3rd to drive it and the original couple who took the first drive ended up buying it. Pics attached

455A012F-6E42-4CDC-9482-CB91DD39BEC4.jpeg

3E77B120-F4E2-4796-B358-2F61358FD41C.jpeg

C2B10180-B8D4-4911-9400-6F03EDA0F434.jpeg

0B3468B3-5766-406D-AF0F-2DC083F6670D.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi @BradP123, thank you for sharing. I wonder how much longer before they'll make it down to NE Florida.

I can make some guesses based on "incredible", but... How was the power response.... any noticeable turbo lag and/or downshift delay? Any annoying gear-hunting or other bad behavior from the 10-speed? Did you do any heavy throttle driving... kind of curious if Lincoln lets some engine noise through (or adds any through the speakers like I think I read on this forum w/r/t Explorer ST), or do they keep things quiet?

I can't seem to find any full test-drive reviews / videos of the Aviator online.

I was able to see that an Aviator was delivered to a dealer 10 minutes from my house today. I ran to the dealer to test drive the Aviator since mines been on order since March and I’ve never driven it....and it was incredible. It was a reserve 2, with the convenience package. Drove great, I was the 3rd to drive it and the original couple who took the first drive ended up buying it. Pics attached

View attachment 171629

View attachment 171630

View attachment 171631

View attachment 171632
I can see why! It looks so, firm I guess? Not sure how to phrase it, but fit and finish from these pictures looks great.

My test drive was rushed because the first couple that drove it were negotiating to buy it, and once they put down a deposit, it could no longer be drivin, that said, I was able to drive it for 5 minutes, couldn’t play around with much. Handled very nicely, acceleration was great, and even better in excite mode. In terms of throttle noise, my guess is with the revel 28 speakers, they are keeping the engine noise out to enjoy the 3D audio. I wish I had another 30 minutes with the car but I was rushed out because by the time I was done with my drive, the car was already purchased and had to leave the car to the new owner.

My test drive was rushed because the first couple that drove it were negotiating to buy it, and once they put down a deposit, it could no longer be drivin, that said, I was able to drive it for 5 minutes, couldn’t play around with much. Handled very nicely, acceleration was great, and even better in excite mode. In terms of throttle noise, my guess is with the revel 28 speakers, they are keeping the engine noise out to enjoy the 3D audio. I wish I had another 30 minutes with the car but I was rushed out because by the time I was done with my drive, the car was already purchased and had to leave the car to the new owner.
That's too bad that it was rushed. I hope you get to enjoy your new Aviator soon!

May I ask how you saw that an Aviator was at a local dealer? When I do an Inventory search on Lincoln.com I can see some Aviators that are "Dealer Ordered" and others that don't say that, and also are not in stock. I have a 2020 Aviator on order and am dying to drive one before I commit. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum John.:wave:

When you place your order, please start your own thread. Order Threads
Thank you.

Peter

Cool that you got the chance and looks good, but IF I was that couple I would NOT be happy that as they were negotiating that others were DRIVING the vehicle.

Cool that you got the chance and looks good, but IF I was that couple I would NOT be happy that as they were negotiating that others were DRIVING the vehicle.
Didn't he say that there were no more test drives once the deposit was down? I mean all vehicles bought off the lot get presumably the same kinds of test drives that you don't know about, plus it's not your vehicle, they want you to buy it. Seems like perfectly fair and reasonable sales tactics. It's not like you're negotiating on a special order while they let people drive it around...

Yes, it was a stock vehicle, not a special order. Until the deal is finalized with a deposit, all is fair game. Suppose they couldn't reach an agreement or they had bad credit, why turn down other potential buyers. I will say, the car is pretty sweet. I also noticed that with the grey interior(same that I ordered), there was no aluminum accents like in the photos, it was more of a silver/grey looking wood. I was very impressed with the vehicle.

Being the new kid around here, I shouldn't go throwin' snark-isms...but with potential buyers lining up like kids at the newest Disney E-ticket ride, the salesman shouldn't have to twist yer arm to get you to pull the trigger...

Being the new kid around here, I shouldn't go throwin' snark-isms...but with potential buyers lining up like kids at the newest Disney E-ticket ride, the salesman shouldn't have to twist yer arm to get you to pull the trigger...
Hard to tell who this is criticizing - but that was my point, it's a car they are trying to sell. Maybe to buyers it's something extra new and shiny, but if that's the case that's just more leverage for the dealer. In other words why are they going to care about who test drives it when? Won't change how quickly they can sell or for how much in this case.

As beautiful as they are, I look upon the current generation of luxe-mobiles, wondering how I'm supposed to steer with my knee and look for CTRL+ALT+DEL when things go screwy...:eek:...

As beautiful as they are, I look upon the current generation of luxe-mobiles, wondering how I'm supposed to steer with my knee and look for CTRL+ALT+DEL when things go screwy...:eek:...
Could not agree more. I hate all the electronics on new cars. Give me real gauges over the video game crap they have now.

I just drove a RWD Aviator this morning at a dealer in Barrington, IL. Super nice interior and exterior. Ride very floaty on highway, but incredibly flat in fast turns. Engine too noisy for luxe vehicle, it strains too much to make speed. Not as quick as I had expected. Maybe the GT will be better. Still might buy one, but not as excited as before I drove it. Oh yes, those 1,000 way seats are still hard to get comfy.

By the way, the guys at the dealer were super cool. Had great experience with their Dodge family next door too.

By the way, the guys at the dealer were super cool. Had great experience with their Dodge family next door too.
Wickstrom is the best dealer around these parts.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Nice car, but I like the looks of the Explorer better, and also the price of the Explorer much better. Plus I don't need all of tech in the Aviator. I'd be just fine with the Explorer XLT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back