Still dealing with 2020 Aviator issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Still dealing with 2020 Aviator issues

steweod

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas city Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
'22 Aviator
So we have had a large amount of issues with our 2020 Aviator and we are at a crossroads.

Issues:
Delivered missing parts

Several trim pieces started falling off and had to be replaced.

Back up camera issues

All driving systems failing and faulting.

Rear Brake assist faults (now another one is happening)

HUD broke and had to be replaced

Massive Moonroof leak causing water to poor into car enough to completely fill the cup holders.

Several engine components like the front engine cover had to be replaced because they were cracked and leaking.

Now left turn signal will not auto reset unless you turn the wheel beyond center and to the right.

When turning left front end makes a growling noise.

Dash and front-end has been taken apart enough that this thing rattles like crazy and is very noticeable after driving the loaner Aviator for 2 weeks.

So far the best Lincoln has offered us is an extended warranty. We feel it is too the point, considering this thing goes into the shop for some amount of time at about a month or so after we just get it back, that either Lincoln replaces it or we cut bait and drive this thing to a competitor and capitalize on high trade in values happening now.

For reference we bought it using Z plan so trade in is almost what we paid for it now.

What do you all think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No such issues with mine. Did they fix the issue with the moonroof? If so, what was the resolution?

Peter

No such issues with mine. Did they fix the issue with the moonroof? If so, what was the resolution?

Peter
Yeah they fixed it. They had to completely remove everything and then a crazy concept of actually putting the glue in to attach all the seals. Then had to send it back so the could replace all the trim pieces that started rattling afterwards....this thing is a never ending battle.

Yeah they fixed it. They had to completely remove everything and then a crazy concept of actually putting the glue in to attach all the seals. Then had to send it back so the could replace all the trim pieces that started rattling afterwards....this thing is a never ending battle.
If you really think you can receive for a trade in what you paid for it, then it would be similar financially to returning it by Lemon Law (which it deserves) but without the hassle of having to wait for Ford to agree. That would be the way to go if you're "done" with it.

I had a vehicle Lemon Lawed/bought back in full and had another where I took a partial cash settlement (50% of MSRP) and kept the car with a clean title (no lemon branding). There are options.

If you really think you can receive for a trade in what you paid for it, then it would be similar financially to returning it by Lemon Law (which it deserves) but without the hassle of having to wait for Ford to agree. That would be the way to go if you're "done" with it.

I had a vehicle Lemon Lawed/bought back in full and had another where I took a partial cash settlement (50% of MSRP) and kept the car with a clean title (no lemon branding). There are options.
That is interesting. I could see pressing for a partial cash option. We like the vehicle... well when we actually have it.

Back