Texas Guys (AGR wheeling ranch) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas Guys (AGR wheeling ranch)

Re: How many shops?

Originally posted by Gofast
Most likly it will be ready end of the month early June.
Thanks Rob

June of what year? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL!

You know me better than to list the actual year it will be finished!

Thougth I would make Truckhaven in 2001.

Thought I would make Moab in 2001.

Hoped I would make the colors run in 2001.

Quit listing year that truck wouyld be finished in 2001.

Sept 27th of 2003 will be the 3 year mark for being down.

Thanks Rob

OKay we will need to push this into June as I had something that came up on the May 31st weekend that I must be at. Any date in June is on like donkey kong.

I AM STILL GOING MAY 31ST IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN!

My wife is having a baby shower on May 31st, so I am gonna go and try it out. Plus I've been eager to push my X to the limit to see if anything is going to break. (I just made some major repairs). Well if any of you still want to go, let me know where you want to meet. A couple friends will be coming out as well, one has a Jeep Rubicon that by that time should have 33 inch mud terrains and 4inches of lift. The other has a jeep cherokee with 6 inches of lift and 35x12.50 mud terrains.
So if ya want to meet TELL ME!:D

Never mind they are closd this weekend :(

Are you saying they are closed this weekend as in the 24th or next as in the 31st???????????????

Closed for the Memorial Weekend. :(

So were going to The Kingsland Slabs, then were going to Ledgewater, and returning to Waco on Monday.

Where are these places located, that your talking about.

Slabs..

They are down near Austin or close anyway. Good place to campout. Lot's of sand and water crossings, plus rocky areas spreadout that resemble MOAB.

Thanks Rob

Sounds kewl.

To bad this weekend I am taking my god son and daughter camping, or I would of joined ya. Next weekend though I am going to agr ranch in nacona. So far mustang1923 is gonna join me in my rig and a couple of my buddies in jeeps.

I could prolly be presuaded to go next weekend.

Yeah Kingsland Slabs is just west of Geroge Town (north of Austin)

And Ledgewater is south west of San Antonio down by Barksdale. www.ledgewater.com

Holla at me about catching up with us if you want 254-715-7361.

Would be glad to have you all join, but to let you know my old lady and I are primitive camping, the ONLY reason I have a power inverter is for the coffee pot, digi camera, blender for margaritas! :D
So if your hotel kind of people my brother-in law's grandmother owns a motel in Barksdale.

If anyone who is reading this could give me some directions to the trails that I have seen pictures of on http://sanantoniotx4x4.org/ledgwtr/ldgwtroct2002.htm please let me know

Come and Join Us!

Lol, I will have a buddy of mine recording the whole day (just a one day deal the 31st), so I can download it to my comp, if you come I can make you a copy. Let me know where you want to meet if you decide you will go with us.

Svo do you trailer your rig out or drive it. Just to let you know I will trailer mine just in case some renders there vehicle inoperable and we have to tow it home.:D

Weeeeeeeell! I would trailer it, but I sold my Lightning and trailer a few weeks ago to buy a new one and the guy whom I was buying the newer one from backed out on me, not once, but three times, it was a big cluster f**k, I'm still not over that one.

That's how I came across my $1000 Navajo, being the psyco-crazy-fool that I am, and being that far from home, I'm a little more cautious about what I may or may not attempt, breaking my rig is not what I'm planning on doing.
If I don't think she'll make it then I prolly won't attempt it, but from what I have seen in the past with most wheeler's is that if you get stuck, more than likely they'll be nice enough to help you out.

Off-roaders seem to be so much nicer than dragracers or autocrossers, I think this might be a don't look back and keep on pressing forward, my new found venue! :D

And by far I have found some super nice people here and thru here.

BTW Msupertek, were you a Ford "ASSET" program student??

EVERYBODY ALWAYS ASK OR ASSUMES I WENT THROUGH ASSET BUT NO I DIDNT.

Believe it or not I went to ATI Trades Institute, luckily the instructor I had for 75% of my classes was a former asset student, extremely intelligent, and had more than one degree. So I soaked up all the info he put out and used it to get started with FORD (since that's practically all he discussed while teaching). I am know ASE MASTER CERTIFIED - FORD MASTER CERTIFIED (one more class until I am a SENIOR MASTER TECH), and part time I am a INSTRUCTOR for LTI Institute ( I am teaching Engine Performance and Fuel Systems at this time). I guess people who know me assume I went through Asset because most students who do come out with a great understanding on Ford Electronic and Mechanical systems.

Wow, all that for a small question. Just thought I'd share it with ya. So SVO are you considering going to agr with us?

Re: EVERYBODY ALWAYS ASK OR ASSUMES I WENT THROUGH ASSET BUT NO I DIDNT.

Originally posted by Msupertek

So SVO are you considering going to agr with us?

Yes as long as everything at work and my home office pans out I'll will be attending AGR.

Wow, all that for a small question. Just thought I'd share it with ya.

I guess curiosity got me, I was looking at your profile and it made me wonder.
Thank you for the overtly long reply to it though, actually I think you have become a fourum asset here belive it or not, I myself have and still do extensive research on Ford's products, and have been for about 17 years, but have touched on a lot of other makes and models of vehicle manufactuers too.

What is ASSET?

ASSET is a program Ford has to train its technicians thoroughly before they enter the field. They teach the program at Brookhaven College, however I'm sure they have them at other colleges as well. During your training not only do you learn how to work on Fords and get experience in the field at a dealer, you also earn an associates degree from a junior college that you can use to help obtain a bachelors later on. You go to school a semester and then you work in the field at a dealer for 5 weeks or so on whatever you just learned in class. Example, you study automatic transmissions, then you work with a certified ford technician overhauling and R&I transmissions. Basically when your done with ASSET program, you've done everything and learned everything that you can possibly learn and do to a Ford. So if anyone is thinking of getting into the field and wants to work on Fords, I highly recommend this program.

SVO, post Friday night if you get a chance and let me know if you are coming so maybe we can meet up before the run.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SVO, post Friday night if you get a chance and let me know if you are coming so maybe we can meet up before the run.

That shouldn't be a problem! :D

Hopefully they behold something for the "lift challenged", the only thing I have done is a set of 30-9.50's on my Navajo.

BUT.........................

On the other hand!

I went to the Kingsland Slab's which was really cool, was a little edgey about some of the water crossings as they were a little decieving to the eyes, really needed someone there whom knew the lines and depths there, but all in all it was a blast, hell we got there Friday night and people were wheeling till 5:00am!!! :eek:

Now for the BAD part, dove to Ledgewater, what an awsome drive it was, and got there easily enough and camping spots were VERY plentiful and right on the river/creek whatever.

Now considering I went on the assumtions (don't go there guys) and photos that I have seen here on this board, that I WAS in the right place, Mrs. Clout (Denman's wife) said her fater-in law whom owned the property sold off the back half above the big dam where you cross to get to the hill/mountain on the other side plus the other camping spots, NO the new owner won't let you or ANYONE else on the property, gun toteing wierdos, but so say the least we did drive all over the property that was there and up to Rocksprings, and every chance I had to bail off the beaten path I was there!, including going under the bridge in Barksdale!

Other than that for a bummer I did have a great time met some of the TAAA people and checked out there "Dig" they also invited us to a part/dance in the pavillion with them and the Clout's and other campers.

After that we dove to Colorado Bend State part too to visit my sister and brother-in law who run the place just to say "hi" and tool around there too.

Anyhoo, as for AGR, I see no reason as of right now why I shouldn't go, so put down my RSVP, and I pray, oh how I pray that no one throw's a wrench into the works.

Back