Thank you and Farewell

Snoopyto

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rocket City, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 EXT ST
So after almost 11 years and 352K miles, I have finally decided to send my 2012 Limited 2.0 to the yard to give life to other explorers. The final straw was the transmission going out it was going to be a $6K repair at non-Ford shop. I had just replaced the CV axle about 3 months ago and about year before, ya'll helped me figure out that an OEM alternator was the way to go. Before that was steering assembly. So I have decided to cut my losses.

I am replacing her with a 2023 Explorer ST. So I will be moving over to the other group. I just want to thank everyone here who read or answered my posts and gave me such great advice and those whose posts I read and learned so much. It is people like you that teach and help those of us who are part time enthusiast feel like we are part of an larger association.

Thanks

David

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you David. Good to hear that you won't be leaving the forum entirely. See you on the other side. :thumbsup:

Peter

352K miles is impressive for any car.

352,000 miles is impressive!!!! Good luck on the new Explorer.

350k+ is a good run, even if you had some 'extra' expenses.
I say 'extra' because at that mileage, stuff just starts to wear out.

Good to hear you're staying in the Furd family.

So after almost 11 years and 352K miles, I have finally decided to send my 2012 Limited 2.0 to the yard to give life to other explorers. The final straw was the transmission going out it was going to be a $6K repair at non-Ford shop. I had just replaced the CV axle about 3 months ago and about year before, ya'll helped me figure out that an OEM alternator was the way to go. Before that was steering assembly. So I have decided to cut my losses.

Thanks

David
David, I didn't see a post of yours in this thread; Highest Mileage 5th Generation Explorer

Peter

Back