Thank you and goodbye

my98nnj

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boonton, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
I purchased my 98 in 2008 with only 58K miles on her. Julie was her name, after her 1st owner a dear friend of mine. She was a California born truck so the body and under carriage was rust free even after going through 5 New Jersey winters. She never gave me any trouble at all and had just hit 107,000 miles.

Her new owner was very happy. She was shining in the sunlight when he first set eyes on her. I hope he takes good care of her.

Bye Julie, and thank you for being a great vehicle! And thank you to the members of this web site. The information on here and support for these trucks is excellent. I'll still lurk around for a bit, but might head on over to the Toyota Forums when my new 4 Runner comes in.

Sincerely,
Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4Runner??!!!

Traitor!

Well... Happy Motoring!

4 runner

I seem to remember that the last time I checked the 4 Runner was about the only remaining mid-size SUV available with a front engine and rear two wheel drive. I may purchase one when I sell my 2006 Highlander. Maintenance on my transverse V6 with front wheel drive is a real pain and it takes three lane widths to make a U turn. Good luck!

I seem to remember that the last time I checked the 4 Runner was about the only remaining mid-size SUV available with a front engine and rear two wheel drive. I may purchase one when I sell my 2006 Highlander. Maintenance on my transverse V6 with front wheel drive is a real pain and it takes three lane widths to make a U turn. Good luck!

just gotta use the e brake!

Last of the real mid-sized SUVs. Good luck with it! 4Runners are always fun and reliable.

StreetRod, I was looking at the Highlander at first, then test drove a Limited Black on Black 4Runner with a sport suspension and fell in love. I had tested the new Explorer and the Edge, both also excellent vehicles. My sister-n-law works for Toyota Corporate Office and got me a killer deal on the 4Runner and the deal was done. It's a body on frame SUV with a really nice ride and an amazingly quiet interior. Both Fords did have nice rides and I really liked the LCD clusters too. The Edge was pretty snappy too with the V6.

The new truck should be here last week of May, so for now I've got the company's H2 Hummer and my Yamaha to get me around.

New Explorers are just Crossovers, no body-on-frame.
Expedition has two sizes now - one that similar with "old" Explorer and the EL vesion that is similar with "old" Expedition.

New Explorers are just Crossovers, no body-on-frame.
Expedition has two sizes now - one that similar with "old" Explorer and the EL vesion that is similar with "old" Expedition.

i thought the EL was more excursion sized? but on a 150 frame? i had a 2000 excursion, iirc it was based off a f250 frame

2013 Expedition EL is 221" long, 131" wheelbase.
2013 Expedition is 206.5" long, 119" wheelbase.

Excursion was 227" long, 137" wheelbase.

This is very false.

The expedition is the same size it's always been, and the EL is just an extended version to compete with the suburban. Both built on the F150 frame, just as the Tahoe and Suburban are built on the GM 1/2 ton frame.

Back