Thank you for accepting me into this forum. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thank you for accepting me into this forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! :wavey:

This brief reply is meant to introduce myself as a long time Ford fan. (I am the third owner of a 1936 Ford since 1949. All the gages work on the dashboard) It worries me that all the unwanted computerized 4wd modules and module switches that automatically do my thinking for me in my 1991 Ford Explorer 4x4 have failed and can not be replaced.

I had hoped someone would know how to hot wire the motor that controls the front wheel drive in and out but I guess the digital circuitry forbids that.

Some of the module switches have been discontinued
I have been told. Also diagnosing the problem by plugging into the circuitry can not be done on older than 1995 Explorers .

And so here I am at age 85 (Yesterday 3/20) with a
good solid fun type companion as long as I stay high and dry- but the first rain and some wet grass and I am shot down.

Mixer

Do you have any pictures of your old cars? They were built very sold back then. The engine compartment was very basic with minimal wiring & vacuum lines. You can't even see the engine in the new cars now. Do you remember what year they came out with starters? There were stories about people breaking their wrist while cranking the engine. Back then, they used kerosene lamps for headlights too.

Oh yes , I have plenty of pictures of my old ford.

It is fun to look at my daughters and grandchildren posing with the old ford over the years.

36 was the last year for brake rods on fords.

The headlights had reflectors that needed resilvered periodically.

The engine compartment was small but even then the distributor was way down low on the front of the engine and hard to get at.

My ford came with a crank kept under the front seat that could be used in the case of battery failure.

I believe starters were popular about 1915 in expensive automobiles.

It is easy to find pictures with Google images for a 1936 ford roadster.

Mine is black and very near original condition.

Mixer

That's a good looking car!

0810rc_01_z+1936_ford_roadster+front_passenger_view.jpg

Back