The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now if someone at Livernois could get their hands on a PI 3.7 and start playing...
That would be great! I have a 16 PIU with the 3.7

Are you saying you have a tune for the 3.7 PI Utility because the public Explorer has the 3.5 not the 3.7, only the police model comes with the 3.7

Is this offer still good?

Take a look at this video, when we are done with the tune for the standard 3.7NA explorer its really close to a NON-TUNED Ecoboost explorer.

Its night a day difference. We have been tuning these for a couple years now. Very impressive

Are you doing tubes for the 3.7 police interceptor now?

You're absolutely correct, the PI Utility and Sedan have very unique tuning with EPAS,AWD, and the engine. The theory was, in a pursuit situation, or regular emergency driving there's lots of jack rabbit starts and stops. Hard deceleration, hard stop, hard on the WOT.

So the engineers purposely programmed the transmission to sense that type of driving and then hold the transmission in the lower gear instead of "hunting" for the higher gear in an effort to improve fuel economy.

Its just shows you how advanced these vehicles are now, compared to the old Crown Victoria with its 30 year old design & engineering.

Is there a SPORT mode in any of the later Explorers, I think that feature began in the 2014 Mustang?

Is there a SPORT mode in any of the later Explorers, I think that feature began in the 2014 Mustang?
The 2023 Explorer has 7 different Drive Modes. You can choose from Normal, Sport, Eco, Slippery, Tow/Haul, Trail, and Deep Snow/Sand modes.

Peter

Thanks, the feature that Sgt1411 mentioned is the main one I'd like, it keeps the rpm's up more during normal driving. It makes the vehicle more responsive, staying in one lower gear than normal. They called it Sport mode in the 2015+ F150's.

I might be able to use a 2014 Mustang PCM instead of the 2014 F150 computer, for my project. I already have to integrate the PRNDM21 shifter into mine, doing the dash display to include the "S" mode also would be a minor change.

365 HP with the 3.5 Echoboost Nah Said!

365 HP with the 3.5 Echoboost Nah Said!

The Ford GT makes over 600hp with the same family of twin turbo V6. It can use a lot of upgrade; so the tuned 3.7 is very respectable to me.

The Ford GT makes over 600hp with the same family of twin turbo V6. It can use a lot of upgrade; so the tuned 3.7 is very respectable to me.
But the 3.7 does not have the "twin Turbo" in the Explorer.

Now a Ford GT, NICE!!!!

The turbos can double the power.

I'd like to swap a NA 3.7 into my spare 98 Mountaineer, because the cost would be similar to rebuilding the entire 302 and 4R70W trans. So I'd love to swap from 210rwhp to 260, or whatever the Livernois 3.7 tune could get me.

Back