• Register Today It's free!

"the General"

k120189

Reaction score
City, State
lenox MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 sport
this is me and my friends winter project...and there a little story with it that will help explain getting a free 92 x sport.so my brother owns one and pulling outa the drive way hit a ***p :D and the cop that first showed up lives up the street from us and he felt kinda bad and wanted to help so his brother who lives a town over had another 92 sport the same one..and we said we would take it but my brother go tired of waiting to get it towed and got junkyard parts so i could fix his x...and now i get a free 92 sport with the blown auto ...now, what we have planned and keep in mind we have about 6 months.

the concept idea:
thegeneral-1.jpg

as u can see not much explorer (well no x) body will be left and all of it and the interior(which isnt in the best condition) will be for sale i'll get picks when we trailer it to my friends house this weekend or next :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Expllorer's chassis is a little on the long side to make a rock-buggy out of -- unless you have the Sport.

The Expllorer's chassis is a little on the long side to make a rock-buggy out of -- unless you have the Sport.

1.it is a sport like mentioned...and two its gonna be more of a race truggy...i think i forgot to mention this will race in NHRA's Tough Trucks over in new lebanon in july when monster trucks come around

and be prepared i am very seasoned when it comes to body work but this will be my first big machinc job...thank god my friends step dad is a master ford tech..and i also forgot to mention there are a few good race shops around to do the stuff i dont trust myself to do like the cage and finish welding the 4-link bars...

now heres what i have planned custom 4 link in the back with 12 inch travel fox shocks and king springs..and a question any idea of a good spring rate cause im clueless

find some1 with a scale and find out how much weight is on each tire. knowing how many inches of travel the shocks have and your ride height, you can calculate the spring rate.

if you need help on calculations, read Tarheels' writeup: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161778

btw i dont quite understand the project.. you said its going to be a truggy, but you also mentioned "monster trucks". I'm just confused.

each year they do monster jam a monster truck show at my some what local race way during which one of the events between the monster truck races is tough truck which is a run what u've brung truck race this is what we will be building

ahh gotcha, i understand.

Back