The Green Buffalo | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Green Buffalo

Note -- Most of you know this as easys94 .The rig did not have a name, I got to make a major run - Moab 2015. The rig got its name there. Anthony (aka Suicide77) is one that put the tag on it. So it will be the Green Buffalo or just the Buffalo for short

I picked up a 94 EB 2d last night from Jay in Plano Tx. I need to thank Jay for all the work he has put into this rig. Hopefully I can keep it going. I also need to thank Kris Guilbeaux and Mike(TexasArmadillio) for puting me on to this last week at the meet in Elgin. I wasnt looking for a new rig, but after hearing them talk about it , I had to check it out - now its mine:D

Mike (reaper) and I took it out to city lake earlier and gave it a little test run,they had most of the trails closed(dont know why) but still had fun. Its AWESOME.
Mike has some pics he will post in a little.

This one I took at the house
010.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:mattmoon: had to wait on you

Mike needed help to get in
If I may repay the compliment, Bro

:mattmoon: :mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon::mattmoon:

The clicky thing got stuck, :p:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wonder where you got the idea to use the turnbuckle from? LOL :p:

Can't wait till we all meet up and get some wheeling done. 3 very capable rigs in the family, and they haven't yet wheeled together. We gotta do something about that!

Wonder where you got the idea to use the turnbuckle from? LOL :p:

Can't wait till we all meet up and get some wheeling done. 3 very capable rigs in the family, and they haven't yet wheeled together. We gotta do something about that!

The turnbuckle came from my head:p:,( sure others have used them) They work right.
As for the 3 rigs , yes would be cool to get them all together for some wheeling:thumbsup:

Are you gonna put on off road lights the same as you did the Beast? That is a good set up you built.

I am planning on lights, will most likely do the same as you have on the Jack.
If I did the same as the Beast it would cover the moon roof.

I am planning on lights, will most likely do the same as you have on the Jack.
If I did the same as the Beast it would cover the moon roof.

Got it!!

The rack works out a lot better than I thought it would since it has the metal reinforcement bar running thu it. I had to remove the base of the light to get the bolt to go thru it far enough to attach the nut to the light bolt. Turns out this has a good benifit, I could crank down on the light mounting bolt and the light seems to be more secure mounting. IMO, less chance of it vibirating loose. 1/2 " drill bit worked perfect to make the mounting hole.

Ha look what I found on Ebaum's world forums.

The Link

p89888_large+1994_ford_explorer_eddie_bauer_edition+front_side_view.jpg

Bloody famous!!!

Did you take the gear cover off of the old one and see if it was just the bushings crumbled up into pieces?

Cool to see you got expensive Dynamat in the doors. :thumbsup:

Mike came over and gave me a hand so thanks Bro.

Glad to do it Bro!!!! :biggthump

Did you take the gear cover off of the old one and see if it was just the bushings crumbled up into pieces?

Since the windings of the motor had an infinity reading, did not even look at the bushings.

Looks like good times mate!:):thumbsup:

Looks like next up you are going to need some sliders. :)

Back