• Register Today It's free!

The Grille Grouse

Watcher58

Reaction score
City, State
Billings, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Minding my own business while driving 80 on one of our wide open highways in MT, I suddenly feel like a brick hit the front end. Turns out it was a &^%#%@#@!#^$$!!! Grouse - the Deer of Avian fowl. It punched out a chunk of my grill. I have a white 2015 Sport with the black grill. Anyone know where to get a grill that costs less than $500?
IMG-0554.JPG
IMG-0557.JPG
IMG-0555.JPG
IMG-0557.JPG
IMG-0557.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not go through your insurance? Animals would be considered comprehensive, not collision. Had to go through a few claims because of deer. It will not affect your rates.

$496.55 Grille - Ford (DB5Z-8200-BA) | TascaParts.com
Have you tried contacting A-1 Johnson Auto Wrecking on 6801 Grand Ave.? I looked at a couple online used parts sites and they seem to use the same 'search' program for parts and in the come up negative for a 2015 Sport Grille. BTW, I've seen prices as high as $807 on eBay.
Also, we do have a Classified section. Classifieds: Explorer / Ranger / Bronco II Parts F | Ford Explorer and Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

Peter
Oh yeah-tried Johnson but they didn't have one either. Mother nature solved my problem this am in a most startling manner
IMG-0564.JPG

Oh yeah-tried Johnson but they didn't have one either. Mother nature solved my problem this am in a most startling mannerView attachment 164243

I travel Montana all the time and I have never seen a grouse big enough to do that much damage. This might be big enough for a state record.

Sage grouse get big and at 80mph I can imagine what they could do.

Back