The How To With Pearl paint... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The How To With Pearl paint...

What I am looking for is people out there who have done pearl pains in the past before. I'm looking for tips and help...As soon as x-mas gets here I will be getting some paint! Thats what x-mas money is for, spending on you Explorer...

Heres what I got so far:
(WF White Pearl (Tri-Coat))

Then wait 30 mins and you will have a pearl coat...All it is, is a clear with a pearl in it...

After that all you have to do is clear coat it and your done!

I'm going to pain my mirrors, pillars, and my wing my buddy gave me...
Everyone has told me a pint will work to get all done. I don't even have to paint my wing just yet my mirrors and pillars will be first...Thats a must before summer :)

I really can't wait you guys!

So yes I need some input!
Since Pearl is a Tri-Coat I just called to get a price on what a pint will coast me...A pint is all I need.

Rember to make a pearl pain you need to paints to make one color...
$54.95 per pint...$109.90 w/o discount in all...

$43.95 per pint...$87.90 w/ my family discount in all...

$87.90 is not a bad deal to clean my truck up a bit

The hardest thing with pearls is it is like fingernail polish, every time you pass over a spot that already has pearl it will change how it looks so getting it even is the hardest part.

The other bad thing with pearls is it is very hard to match if you ever need to down the road.

Just practice a little on some other pieces of metal & see what happens & if you really like the look. Might save you some trouble down the road.

Back