THE OFFICIAL EXPLORER ROLLOVER CLUB. Post stories and pics inside!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

THE OFFICIAL EXPLORER ROLLOVER CLUB. Post stories and pics inside!!!

Ok well i just saw that yet another person has rolled their explorer. Well i am not going to get into this vehicles safety. Because all i got to say to that comment is I came out of a crash that most would have died from if they had been in any other vehicle. So good for the X i think.

***STORY***

Well i was driving to Florida to visit a female friend :D ;) :D , and was on U.S. 19 heade south when after a little rain storm my left rear tire blew out and shredded. Between that and the rain it sent me out of control and spun me to the right. Well the rim that the tire used to be on dug into the pavement and caused me to flip. (This is where i dont remember from) Then from the police report they said that i continued to flip about 3 or so times. And then did aother 180 and then went into the treeline about 75 feet taking out some trees along the way. They told me that i pulled myself out of the truck but i cannot see how i did it. Anyways someone found me along the edge of the highway and took me to the nearest gas station where the ambulance was called. First thing i remember is them rolling me into the hospital. "the last thing i remember of the crash was the truck tipping over for the first time and my head getting nearer and nearer to the pavement. It all happened really really quick. But anyways. I came out with a broken collar bone. Messed up shoulders and some deep cuts on my hands. But i consider myself really reallt fortunate to have survived the crash let alone not get severly maimed in the process by all the glas and tree branches flying every which way.***

Well here are some pictures. Others feel free to post your full stories and picture too.

Attachments

• explorer crash 001.jpg
    explorer crash 001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 773

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Rick
First day out with the new coil over suspension and I wanted to see how far off-camber I could go. You can see the results here;)

Hey Rick it would have been really cool if all four wheels would have still been on the ground. NOW THAT IS FLEX!!!

I think i remember reading that thread. Wasnt it the one where you had to reseat the bead on one of your tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by rocket 5979
Originally posted by Rick
First day out with the new coil over suspension and I wanted to see how far off-camber I could go. You can see the results here;)

Hey Rick it would have been really cool if all four wheels would have still been on the ground. NOW THAT IS FLEX!!!

I think i remember reading that thread. Wasnt it the one where you had to reseat the bead on one of your tires?

Close, I thought the tire was flat, but actually it was just pushed all the way to one side. Without the beadlock I'm sure it would have come off the bead.

Hey Rick you still have the videos of you guys pulling it back over???

I'll try to dig it up.

I can recite the title of that thread, it was so memorable LOL

"Smashing Pumpkin- Rick lays it over!"

Back